dhcp problems in 2002

Post by John » Fri, 25 Jan 2002 01:03:14

My Pretec network card works fine with a static assignment, but will not
pick up a DHCP lease regardless of what I try.

Can anyone hlep me out?

Thx in advance,
John

dhcp problems in 2002

Post by Frank McPherson, MS-MVP/Mobile Device » Fri, 25 Jan 2002 03:24:37

Do you have a Linksys router? You may have to update its firmware.

Quote:

> My Pretec network card works fine with a static assignment, but will not
> pick up a DHCP lease regardless of what I try.

> Can anyone hlep me out?

> Thx in advance,
> John

dhcp problems in 2002

Post by John » Fri, 25 Jan 2002 06:56:21

No, I'm connecting straight through a passive hub to a cable modem capable
of three simultaneous computer IP leases.

(And I only have two computers leased right now, not counting my Jornada).