Jpeg Image Info

Post by Beverly Howard [Ms-MVP/MobileDev » Fri, 29 Nov 2002 14:00:51

Posting this because there have been a number of posts related to image
viewing and manupulation by those who use PPC's

Have just downloaded and spent a few hours with Exifer
(http://www.exifer.friedemann.info/) which allows the inclusion and
editing of text information that is, or can be embedded, in Jpeg Image
files.

The software supports EXIF and IPTC editing, which, if it exists is
viewable when the image is displayed by a number of image apps.

Powerful and almost free (the price of a stamp to post a registration to
Germany)

For several years I have known that this information existed within
Jpegs, but not found a good access and editing tool until today.  I have
no association with the author other than my use of the software today.

Hope this helps...
Beverly Howard

Note; The contents of my postings and responses here represent my
personal opinions and do not necessarily reflect the views, thoughts or
feelings of Microsoft or any of its employees.

More info on the MVP program at http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

Jpeg Image Info

Post by Don » Sat, 30 Nov 2002 02:39:42

Bev -

Have you found any "hidden" messages in jpegs from the internet????
inquiring minds want to know ;)

Quote:> Posting this because there have been a number of posts related to image
> viewing and manupulation by those who use PPC's

> Have just downloaded and spent a few hours with Exifer
> (http://www.exifer.friedemann.info/) which allows the inclusion and
> editing of text information that is, or can be embedded, in Jpeg Image
> files.

> The software supports EXIF and IPTC editing, which, if it exists is
> viewable when the image is displayed by a number of image apps.

> Powerful and almost free (the price of a stamp to post a registration to
> Germany)

> For several years I have known that this information existed within
> Jpegs, but not found a good access and editing tool until today.  I have
> no association with the author other than my use of the software today.

> Hope this helps...
> Beverly Howard

> Note; The contents of my postings and responses here represent my
> personal opinions and do not necessarily reflect the views, thoughts or
> feelings of Microsoft or any of its employees.

> More info on the MVP program at http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

1. Viewing JPEG images on PocketPC

Hi,
I am trying to view  '.JPG' files from my JVC digital still camera on my
iPAQ 3850. The default application is Picture Perfect 5.1 but this crashes
out if I open a '.JPG' file using file explorer.
Can anyone recommend a good application to view JPEG files?
TIA
Dave R
--

2. Source for 16550AFN serial boards?

3. jpeg images in pocket pc IE

4. BBC Radio 1 & Xbox

5. reading jpeg image file

6. DNS works, SOCKS doesn't?

7. compress an image to a JPEG file?

8. 32-bit TN3270E Terminal Emulation

9. How to develop a application which can display JPEG image with eVC 4.0?

10. get image info in eVB??

11. get image's info in eVB??

12. Looking for a app to save sensative info, like passes and credit card info...

13. Image Ctrl No Image