ANN: PPCNewz new version available

Post by Stev » Tue, 23 Jan 2001 12:09:44

Hi,

Another snowstorm means I got some real work done on PPCNewz (my freeware offline newsreader) this weekend.

I've just uploaded the new version to the web site (http://www.thebytefoundry.com/ppcnewz).

This version includes improved thread handling functions, including save/read/unread.

It also includes 'AutoExpand', which allows you to scroll through all messages within a usegroup using only the scroll wheel or pad. Optionally it can also skip to the first new message in a thread.

Let me know what you think; all comments welcomed!

-Steve
-------------------------------
Posted by PPCNewz
http://www.thebytefoundry.com/ppcnewz

ANN: PPCNewz new version available

Post by Alex Ka » Tue, 23 Jan 2001 14:43:21

You know, I really like your product. I like the interface very much. In
fact, I'd like it enough to buy it if it supported direct connections!

Seriously. Its got a better interface, I think.

--
  The ultimate in Personal and Business Information Management.
  http://www.pocketinformant.com/

Quote:> Hi,

> Another snowstorm means I got some real work done on PPCNewz (my freeware

offline newsreader) this weekend.
Quote:

> I've just uploaded the new version to the web site

(http://www.thebytefoundry.com/ppcnewz).
Quote:

> This version includes improved thread handling functions, including
save/read/unread.

> It also includes 'AutoExpand', which allows you to scroll through all

messages within a usegroup using only the scroll wheel or pad. Optionally it
can also skip to the first new message in a thread.
Quote:

> Let me know what you think; all comments welcomed!

> -Steve
> -------------------------------
> Posted by PPCNewz
> http://www.thebytefoundry.com/ppcnewz

ANN: PPCNewz new version available

Post by Lawrence G. Mayk » Tue, 23 Jan 2001 20:11:07

Any chance of a version for the Palm-Size PC (Windows CE 2.11) platform?

- Larry Mayka

Post by Steve Hil » Wed, 24 Jan 2001 03:45:05

>Any chance of a version for the Palm-Size PC (Windows CE 2.11) platform?

In theory that's probably not that difficult; problem is I don't have one to
test on (I've got an old Velo500, but that's not really a valid test).

-Steve

1. ANN:New version of PPCNewz v1.4

I've just uploaded v1.4 to the web site (link below)

It includes a few bug fixes (in the area of loading messages on the PPC),and a couple of minor enhancements.

There's also a new trouble shooting page to assist in getting it working.

All feedback appreciated!

-Steve

-------------------------------
Posted by PPCNewz
http://www.thebytefoundry.com/ppcnewz

2. Is a Info Products Scanner any good?

3. ANN: New version of PocketDOS available (v1.07.0)

4. Intel: The Grudge Inside?

5. ANN: New version of PocketDOS available (v1.07.2)

6. What's the difference?

7. ANN: New version of XT-CE available

8. FS: GCP 8+ SCSI BOARD

9. ANN:PPCNewz 1.5 available - upgrade recommended!

10. ANN:PPCNewz update available

11. ANN: New version of PocketDOS available

12. ANN: New version of PocketDOS available (with MCGA support)

13. Reply: ANN: New version of PocketDOS available