Windows Media Encoder / Windows Media Player

Windows Media Encoder / Windows Media Player

Post by Paul » Thu, 06 Feb 2003 18:23:33

Hi all,

I have a bit of a problem with one/both of the above programs... I'm trying
to convert some of my MP3 files from my desktop PC using Win Media Encoder
(WME) to .wma format to reduce the file size so I can fit more on my Pocket
PC. Within WME I'm using the convert file wizard, set to Pocket PC and
therefore about 70kps? The conversion seems to work and the file size is
about a third of what it was. The new file plays ok on the dektop PC. I
transfer the file using explore in AS. When I click on the file in the
PocketPC, Win Media Player comes up with the following error:

Windows Media Player cannot find the file.
You may not be connected to the network,
the file may have been moved, or you may have
entered an incorrect file name or path.

If I copy the original mp3 across in the same manner to the same directory
that plays fine.

Also, not as important as the above, but I did the same and converted a
short .avi clip. This plays on the PocketPC, but without sound. The sound
works ok when played on the desktop PC.

Any ideas?

TIA,

Paul W

Windows Media Encoder / Windows Media Player

Post by Jairic » Thu, 06 Feb 2003 19:41:34

I didn't use any of the programs you mentioned.
Instead, I used Power MP3 WMA Converter located at
http://www.cooolsoft.com/powerconvertor.htm

It converts fine. One MP3 at a time though for trial
though.

:)

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Hi all,

>I have a bit of a problem with one/both of the above

programs... I'm trying
Quote:>to convert some of my MP3 files from my desktop PC using
Win Media Encoder
>(WME) to .wma format to reduce the file size so I can fit
more on my Pocket
>PC. Within WME I'm using the convert file wizard, set to
Pocket PC and
>therefore about 70kps? The conversion seems to work and
the file size is
>about a third of what it was. The new file plays ok on
the dektop PC. I
>transfer the file using explore in AS. When I click on
the file in the
>PocketPC, Win Media Player comes up with the following
error:

>Windows Media Player cannot find the file.
>You may not be connected to the network,
>the file may have been moved, or you may have
>entered an incorrect file name or path.

>If I copy the original mp3 across in the same manner to
the same directory
>that plays fine.

>Also, not as important as the above, but I did the same
and converted a
>short .avi clip. This plays on the PocketPC, but without
sound. The sound
>works ok when played on the desktop PC.

>Any ideas?

>TIA,

>Paul W

>.

Windows Media Encoder / Windows Media Player

Post by Trevor » Thu, 06 Feb 2003 20:09:49

Quote:> I didn't use any of the programs you mentioned.
> Instead, I used Power MP3 WMA Converter located at
> http://www.cooolsoft.com/powerconvertor.htm

> It converts fine. One MP3 at a time though for trial
> though.

<snip>

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/dmc.htm

It will batch from the Explorer Window, ie multi selct, right click, select
covert, what you want to convert to eg WMA, the bitrtae and away it goes.
Works with WMA, OggVorbis, MP3 (with Lame installed) etc.

That being said, IMO you get a better sound from Lames MP3 ABR Encoder, set
at Low for a similar sized file.

Trevor S

1. Windows Media Goes Wireless With New Windows Media Player for Pocket PC

Read
http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2000/Nov00/WirelessStreaming...
(it is currently only available for the iPAQ, but will be available for the
Casio and HP Jornada units shortly). You guys got your wish - streaming
audio and video!

--
Rob Borek
Microsoft MVP - Windows CE

2. bdc as router in a sbs-network??? what am i missing

3. Windows Media Rights Manager SDK 7 (DRM) and Windows Media Player for Pocket PC

4. EXECUTE in PROC SQL (Sybase on Solaris)

5. Can Windows Media and Windows Media 7.1 samples be deleted?

6. help me copy this one file

7. Windows Media Encoder w/o the latest WiMP?

8. Windows Media Encoder 9.0

9. windows media encoder

10. window media encoder

11. Windows Media Encoder and Streaming

12. Encoding video with Windows Media Encoder 9