Forms Designer in VB.Net (PocketPC Application)

Forms Designer in VB.Net (PocketPC Application)

Post by David Sos » Fri, 16 Nov 2001 00:45:02

I just installed (on a * machine) Visual Studio.net
(Release Candidate) and the Smart Device Extensions.

Double clicking a form from the Solution Explorer of a
PocketPC Application does not invoke the Windows Forms
Designer. Has anyone else experienced this? As this is my
first attempt, I don't know if I have a configuration
problem or if it is a bug in VB.net.

Please leave a response if you are able to view a PocketPC
Application form in the Windows Forms Designer

Forms Designer in VB.Net (PocketPC Application)

Post by Hayden Con » Fri, 16 Nov 2001 03:22:03

David,

I don't think the Forms Designer is included in the pre-beta release.  The
JIT is also not included.  I elected to wait for the next release of the
compact extensions.

--
Hayden

Quote:> I just installed (on a * machine) Visual Studio.net
> (Release Candidate) and the Smart Device Extensions.

> Double clicking a form from the Solution Explorer of a
> PocketPC Application does not invoke the Windows Forms
> Designer. Has anyone else experienced this? As this is my
> first attempt, I don't know if I have a configuration
> problem or if it is a bug in VB.net.

> Please leave a response if you are able to view a PocketPC
> Application form in the Windows Forms Designer

1. VS.NET 2003 IDE, Modify Form Designer Control defaults

I want to sub-class the TextBox control (or any other control) so that I can
add my own behaviours. Does any one know whether we can modify the VS.NET
2003 IDE so when in the Form Designer (I use C#) and when I add a new
TextBox control to the form, that it uses my new sub-classed TextBox instead
of the default TextBox control?

Regards,
Neville Lang

2. Adding Child Domains to an Existing Forest

3. can i call an eVB form form from EVC application

4. Need your suggestions or comments.

5. PocketPC application for a webbased form, how to store data?

6. Menu bar

7. decoding bin.base64

8. Calendar Applications/Plug-ins???

9. Calendar Applications/Plug-ins...???

10. Menu add-ins for external applications

11. Sqlserver ce database in vb.net windows application project

12. Creating an sample application for POCKET PC using VB.NET