Question on transfering Contacts

Post by cold_can.. » Sat, 01 Sep 2001 04:16:49

I am using an Ipaq and I want to transfer my ACT2000 Data to my
Handheld, you are able to transfer the contacts through ACT but when I
open up the contacts in my IPAQ it is empty ??

Any Ideas...

Thanks.

Question on transfering Contacts

Post by Jason Dunn, MS-MVP/Mobile Device » Sat, 01 Sep 2001 04:21:29

Can ACT export to an Outlook file, or perhaps a CSV file? You need to import the contacts
into Outlook...

Jason Dunn
Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices
--
Daily news, views, rants and raves
Pocket PC Thoughts - http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com

Quote:> I am using an Ipaq and I want to transfer my ACT2000 Data to my
> Handheld, you are able to transfer the contacts through ACT but when I
> open up the contacts in my IPAQ it is empty ??

> Any Ideas...

> Thanks.

Question on transfering Contacts

Post by Juan F. Chiribog » Sat, 01 Sep 2001 04:51:42

you could export your ACT2000 contacts to a flat file maybe and import them
into outlook....

Quote:> I am using an Ipaq and I want to transfer my ACT2000 Data to my
> Handheld, you are able to transfer the contacts through ACT but when I
> open up the contacts in my IPAQ it is empty ??

> Any Ideas...

> Thanks.

Question on transfering Contacts

Post by TJThornto » Sat, 01 Sep 2001 06:15:55

I imported contacts from ACT and Lotus Organizer into outlook using Outlooks
import program.  It worked quite well.

Terri

Post by Tony Muscarell » Sat, 01 Sep 2001 10:53:34

>I am using an Ipaq and I want to transfer my ACT2000 Data to my
>Handheld, you are able to transfer the contacts through ACT but when I
>open up the contacts in my IPAQ it is empty ??

>Any Ideas...

Sure, use a sync program.  There are 3(!) programs you can try out:

Intellisync  www.pumatech.com
Companionlink  www.companionlink.com
Xtnd Connect PC (my personal sync)   www.extendedsystems.com

Go to one of the web sites, download a trial version, and make sure
that during the initial sync, you make sure Act! overwrites the Pocket
PC records.

If you have no intention of syncing appointments, you can safely
delete the trial version of any of the above programs.  Otherwise,
purchasing the sync program will ensure that work continues on these
programs.

Tony

1. Beaming contacts gives "cannot transfer at this time" error and shuts down contacts

If I try to beam a contact from my contact database (about 7,000
contacts), I get a "cannot transfer at this time" error and the
contacts program shuts down.  I look the contacts program up in the
settings/system/memory/running programs and it is no longer running.
It appears that transferring the contact shuts the program down.

Can anyone tell me what is happening?  I did a search here, but it
seems like it may be one of those undefined problems.  By the way, I
tried it with two other people's Pocket PC's and I got the error on my
Ipaq 3850 each time.

2. Adding a second Ethernet card

3. Contact viewing question: How do I see portion of note attached to Contact?

4. Handling wildcards

5. Pocket INformant question regarding Contact Screen --- Proabably an easy question too

6. Diffrence between ++*p and *p++

7. transfering contacts from pocketpc to my nokia via infrared PLEASE HELP

8. Publishers.

9. How to transfer the contacts on older model to the new one.

10. Not all of my PC Outlook contact data transfers to iPAC 3955

11. transfer contacts without using Outlook

12. Transfering contacts\Calendar data from a psion

13. Transfer Contacts One-Way to PocketPC?