Official stance on IPaq availability...

Post by Dale S. Dervi » Thu, 28 Sep 2000 04:00:00

What is the official stance from Compaq regarding IPaq availability?  I
can't get any at local stores, and my Compaq Rep can't get any for me
either.  The Pocket PC product itself is now about 5 months old, and
virtually no one I can find can get one.  I actually am interested in how
some of you that do have one, have managed to get it.

I beleive I read where Compaq is ramping up for one million units a year.
If so, where are they?  Our company has immediate needs for around 100.  Our
Compaq Reps, as mentioned previously, are of no use.

Any suggestions or information?

Regards;

Dale

Official stance on IPaq availability...

Post by Andrew Shumwa » Thu, 28 Sep 2000 04:00:00

If you browse the histories of this news group you'll see that starting
around June of this year the major theme of the group was "I want my Ipaq"
I don't know which vendors finally proved they could stock them occasionally
but even with these vendors you had to be on a waiting list for several
weeks.

--andrew

>What is the official stance from Compaq regarding IPaq availability?  I
>can't get any at local stores, and my Compaq Rep can't get any for me
>either.  The Pocket PC product itself is now about 5 months old, and
>virtually no one I can find can get one.  I actually am interested in how
>some of you that do have one, have managed to get it.

>I beleive I read where Compaq is ramping up for one million units a year.
>If so, where are they?  Our company has immediate needs for around 100.
Our
>Compaq Reps, as mentioned previously, are of no use.

>Any suggestions or information?

>Regards;

>Dale

Official stance on IPaq availability...

Post by Steve Howlan » Thu, 28 Sep 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> Any suggestions or information?

If you have a Fry's close, check there too, a post on this group alerted me
to some stock.  Happy new iPaq owner.

1. ANN: Log Your Protest At iPAQ Upgrade Stance

Reading comments here and other bulletin boards there is considerable anger and frustration at the
stance taken by Compaq in stopping the sale of the iPAQ PocketPC 2002 upgrade in Europe.

Those people who had been bitten by the 1.77 ROM upgrade last year and who were exercising caution
before paying for the upgrade can no longer obtain a copy.

Those people who bought 3600 series in December and January in the well-versed belief that Compaq iPAQs
were upgradable have found otherwise.

Compaq's nonsensical decision to halt sales in Europe is playing into the hands of the Warez community.

If you want to register your protest, PDA Pro is collecting emails which will gauge the strength of
feeling in this matter. Just go http://www.pdapro.co.uk and register your protest now!

Regards

Kevin
http://www.pdapro.co.uk

2. Parallel Cable for 3a

3. It's now official Guinness: says the iPAQ is the fastest PDA.

4. Where is TeX FAQ ? How do I get sources ?

5. It's Official - No iPAQ Upgrade For Europe

6. man page

7. Virtual iPAQ official release

8. FONT-a-MATIC

9. iPAQ 3835 Availability?

10. Buy.com iPAQ 3835/50 Availability

11. Update on iPaq Keyboard Availability

12. iPaq availability in UK?

13. Ipaq availability?