Am I best going for an Xscale 400Mhz or a 206Mhz PocketPC

Am I best going for an Xscale 400Mhz or a 206Mhz PocketPC

Post by Todd Ogasawar » Mon, 28 Oct 2002 12:42:38

Generally speaking, there shouldn't be significant compatibility issues.
Both are Pocket PC 2002 devices.
--
Todd Ogasawara, MS-MVP/Mobile Devices
Online Editor - http://MobileViews.com/  -- PDA & Wireless Info

Quote:> I was thinking of either the Toshiba e570 or the e740

Post by Tom Robinso » Mon, 28 Oct 2002 11:43:26

I was thinking of either the Toshiba e570 or the e740

Which processor is best for compatibilty etc at the moment?

Thanks
-Tom

Am I best going for an Xscale 400Mhz or a 206Mhz PocketPC

Post by Henkie Adriant » Sat, 02 Nov 2002 11:56:45

e570 is older product, choose between e310 and e740 insteed
e310 is at 206 Mhz with StrongARM processor,
e740 is at 400 Mhz with XScale processor,
if u r into games, ARM processor is widely supported now than XS,
but in the future, XS will too.
Choose wisely, I have e310 b'cos a few reason, it's cheaper, widely
supported
by games and programs, and I' want to follow the technology so don't
wanna spend too much money for today tech.

There is other great brand and model like Compag IPAQ 3970 (Bluetooth) etc,
but as I said, I bough what I need now, e310 is slimest, buy another when my
need changed... that the way I'm.

Hope this help.

> Generally speaking, there shouldn't be significant compatibility issues.
> Both are Pocket PC 2002 devices.
> --
> Todd Ogasawara, MS-MVP/Mobile Devices
> Online Editor - http://MobileViews.com/  -- PDA & Wireless Info
> http://mobileviews.freezope.org/MobileDot/ - MobileViews Brief News &
> Comments

> > I was thinking of either the Toshiba e570 or the e740

> > Which processor is best for compatibilty etc at the moment?

> > Thanks
> > -Tom

Am I best going for an Xscale 400Mhz or a 206Mhz PocketPC

Post by T-Shir » Tue, 05 Nov 2002 14:43:12

I chose e310 majorly because I want to develop PocketPC application with the
minimum cost for the hardware.

T-Shirt.

| e570 is older product, choose between e310 and e740 insteed
| e310 is at 206 Mhz with StrongARM processor,
| e740 is at 400 Mhz with XScale processor,
| if u r into games, ARM processor is widely supported now than XS,
| but in the future, XS will too.
| Choose wisely, I have e310 b'cos a few reason, it's cheaper, widely
| supported
| by games and programs, and I' want to follow the technology so don't
| wanna spend too much money for today tech.
|
| There is other great brand and model like Compag IPAQ 3970 (Bluetooth)
etc,
| but as I said, I bough what I need now, e310 is slimest, buy another when
my
| need changed... that the way I'm.
|
| Hope this help.
|

| > Generally speaking, there shouldn't be significant compatibility issues.
| > Both are Pocket PC 2002 devices.
| > --
| > Todd Ogasawara, MS-MVP/Mobile Devices
| > Online Editor - http://MobileViews.com/  -- PDA & Wireless Info
| > http://mobileviews.freezope.org/MobileDot/ - MobileViews Brief News &
| > Comments
| >

| > > I was thinking of either the Toshiba e570 or the e740
| > >
| > > Which processor is best for compatibilty etc at the moment?
| > >
| > > Thanks
| > > -Tom

Am I best going for an Xscale 400Mhz or a 206Mhz PocketPC

Post by JD » Tue, 05 Nov 2002 21:27:11

between it and my "old" Jornada 560 series.  ... more or less the

The big difference is the screen quality, try to buy a device with a
transflective instead of reflective screen.

> I chose e310 majorly because I want to develop PocketPC application with
the
> minimum cost for the hardware.

> T-Shirt.

> | e570 is older product, choose between e310 and e740 insteed
> | e310 is at 206 Mhz with StrongARM processor,
> | e740 is at 400 Mhz with XScale processor,
> | if u r into games, ARM processor is widely supported now than XS,
> | but in the future, XS will too.
> | Choose wisely, I have e310 b'cos a few reason, it's cheaper, widely
> | supported
> | by games and programs, and I' want to follow the technology so don't
> | wanna spend too much money for today tech.
> |
> | There is other great brand and model like Compag IPAQ 3970 (Bluetooth)
> etc,
> | but as I said, I bough what I need now, e310 is slimest, buy another
when
> my
> | need changed... that the way I'm.
> |
> | Hope this help.
> |

> | > Generally speaking, there shouldn't be significant compatibility
issues.
> | > Both are Pocket PC 2002 devices.
> | > --
> | > Todd Ogasawara, MS-MVP/Mobile Devices
> | > Online Editor - http://MobileViews.com/  -- PDA & Wireless Info
> | > http://mobileviews.freezope.org/MobileDot/ - MobileViews Brief News &
> | > Comments

1. I am an american learning chinese and am looking for the best platform and

I am an american learning chinese and am looking for the best platform and
software to help me, including english to chinese dictionaries...

I want an English platform, but Chinese ime...

Any suggestions on CE / Pocket PC, and Dictionaries and software available?

Would eventually like to take notes on my hand heald in chinese as well...

Thanks!

2. Need clarification

3. 206MHz StrongARM or 200MHz Xscale (e570 or Pocket Gear 2030)?

4. Demo help: music?

5. Something really weird going on, or am I going mad?

6. Urgent Need Of ABAP CRM

7. XScale 400MHZ

8. Changing Admin password

9. IPAQ3900 Series Processor - Intel 400MHz XScale

10. Toshiba has announced a 400Mhz XScale Pocket PC, with integrated wireless, available q2!

11. 400MHZ Xscale vs. 200/300MHZ PA-250

12. The 206MHz - P70 Intermec PocketPC - Anyone tried it?