Is it possible to hook up you pocket pc to the net?

Is it possible to hook up you pocket pc to the net?

Post by RCE Defian » Tue, 08 Oct 2002 02:23:02

Via the USB connection to the main PC?  ICS type thing?

--
RCE Defiant
==========

Is it possible to hook up you pocket pc to the net?

Post by blaufel » Tue, 08 Oct 2002 02:32:54

Quote:> Via the USB connection to the main PC?  ICS type thing?

I have an ADSL at home, when the Loox is in the cradle and the PC
connected
I can browse the web with it.
In Activesync, under Tools>Options>Rules, at the last line on "To use
pass-through,
this computer must be connected" choose "The Internet"
I hope this answer to your question.
Cya
--
"You are not your job, the car you drive, how much you have in your
bank.

Is it possible to hook up you pocket pc to the net?

Post by Todd Ogasawar » Tue, 08 Oct 2002 02:35:32

It depends.

If you have a Pocket PC 2002 device, then ActiveSync PassThru does that for
you.

If you have a Pocket PC 2000 device, then you need to set up a Proxy Server
and jump through some procedural hoops.
--
Todd Ogasawara, MS-MVP/Mobile Devices
Online Editor - http://MobileViews.com/  -- PDA & Wireless Info

Quote:> Via the USB connection to the main PC?  ICS type thing?

> --
> RCE Defiant
> ==========
> UK_Media_DVD welcome faq http://www.sirmo.co.uk/FAQ.htm

Is it possible to hook up you pocket pc to the net?

Post by RCE Defian » Tue, 08 Oct 2002 03:03:59

Spouting off at the keyboard blaufeld spewed:

Quote:>> Via the USB connection to the main PC?  ICS type thing?

> I have an ADSL at home, when the Loox is in the cradle and the PC
> connected
> I can browse the web with it.
> In Activesync, under Tools>Options>Rules, at the last line on "To use
> pass-through,
> this computer must be connected" choose "The Internet"
> I hope this answer to your question.
> Cya

Thanks for the reply.  All I see in my options in active sync on tha ppc is :

tab1 = PC
tab2 = Server
tab3 = schedule

under tab2 server -> there's tab1 connection and tab2 = rules.

rules contains:

if there is a conflict...
option1 always replace the item on my device
option2 always replace item on server.

I don't see the option you speak of....

--
RCE Defiant
==========

Post by RCE Defian » Tue, 08 Oct 2002 03:10:29

Spouting off at the keyboard blaufeld spewed:

Quote:>> Via the USB connection to the main PC?  ICS type thing?

> I have an ADSL at home, when the Loox is in the cradle and the PC
> connected
> I can browse the web with it.
> In Activesync, under Tools>Options>Rules, at the last line on "To use
> pass-through,
> this computer must be connected" choose "The Internet"
> I hope this answer to your question.
> Cya

Forget my other reply.  I found the option on my PC's active sync.

--
RCE Defiant
UK_Media_DVD welcome faq http://www.sirmo.co.uk/FAQ.htm

Is it possible to hook up you pocket pc to the net?

Post by Stuar » Tue, 08 Oct 2002 06:59:01

I assume this will also work if you were connected to your pc by Bluetooth,
instead of the cradle?