Windows Media Rights Manager SDK 7 (DRM) and Windows Media Player for Pocket PC

Windows Media Rights Manager SDK 7 (DRM) and Windows Media Player for Pocket PC

Post by Helen Pringl » Tue, 24 Apr 2001 18:50:25

Hi People,

I have just scanned the Microsoft web pages to try and shred some light on a
problem that I have got, and I found this news group and am hoping that someone
can help!

I have a problem in which am hoping one of you out there can help me with. The
scenerio in which am in is as follows.

I have managed to packaged some media files up and from there I have been able to
play them on my PC without any bother but when I try to play them on my iPaq with
WLAN facility I cant do it - why?? I have created a link on a web page to a
packaged file and it works on my PC directly without a problem but NOT my iPaq
with WLAN why?? The error I get on there is "cannot open 'mms://<ip
address>/<<name of file>.asf'. Please verify that path and filename are correct
and try again". I have wrapped the original .asf file up with a .asx script file
that is lying on a web server (the protected file is on the web server)......

Why is this happening and can anyone help me out?? I am really wondering why and
if there is a fix or something am missing....please help!!

I have the current player off the microsoft web site that supports streaming
media aswell (Windows media player for pocket PC v.6.4.1.1)

Regards

Helen Pringle

Windows Media Rights Manager SDK 7 (DRM) and Windows Media Player for Pocket PC

Post by Boston PPC U » Wed, 25 Apr 2001 05:26:53

don't you need the technology preview 2 of Media Player to play *.asf files?

Just a thought...

--
~ M.
Mike Massaro

[...]

Post by Helen Pringl » Thu, 26 Apr 2001 22:21:41

Where can I find technology preview 2 of Media Player??

> don't you need the technology preview 2 of Media Player to play *.asf
files?

> Just a thought...

> --
> ~ M.
> Mike Massaro
> Founder & Manager, Boston/New England PocketPC User Group
> http://communities.msn.com/PocketPCBostonUserGroup

> Hi People,

> I have just scanned the Microsoft web pages to try and shred some light on
> problem that I have got, and I found this news group and am hoping that
> someone
> can help!

> I have a problem in which am hoping one of you out there can help me with.
> The
> scenerio in which am in is as follows.

> I have managed to packaged some media files up and from there I have been
> able to
> play them on my PC without any bother but when I try to play them on my
iPaq
> with
> WLAN facility I cant do it - why?? I have created a link on a web page to
> packaged file and it works on my PC directly without a problem but NOT my
> iPaq
> with WLAN why?? The error I get on there is "cannot open 'mms://<ip
> address>/<<name of file>.asf'. Please verify that path and filename are
> correct
> and try again". I have wrapped the original .asf file up with a .asx
script
> file
> that is lying on a web server (the protected file is on the web
> server)......

> Why is this happening and can anyone help me out?? I am really wondering
why
> and
> if there is a fix or something am missing....please help!!

> I have the current player off the microsoft web site that supports
streaming
> media aswell (Windows media player for pocket PC v.6.4.1.1)

> Regards

> Helen Pringle

1. Windows Media Goes Wireless With New Windows Media Player for Pocket PC

Read
http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2000/Nov00/WirelessStreaming...
(it is currently only available for the iPAQ, but will be available for the
Casio and HP Jornada units shortly). You guys got your wish - streaming
audio and video!

--
Rob Borek
Microsoft MVP - Windows CE

2. Request Games.

3. Windows Media Encoder / Windows Media Player

4. rename AD Win2k server

5. Can Windows Media and Windows Media 7.1 samples be deleted?

6. EditControl update problem

7. Looking for Windows Media Manager for Pocket pc

8. IDSL

9. PPC Windows Media Player SDK integration

10. Looking for "Windows Media Manager for Pocket pc"

11. Windows Media Player 9 SDK

12. Transferring mp3s w/ Pocket PC and Windows media player

13. Windows Media Player on Pocket PC - Help?