Can't get activesync 3.5 to sync via infrared with IBM Thinkpad running Windows XP

Can't get activesync 3.5 to sync via infrared with IBM Thinkpad running Windows XP

Post by Don Fergus » Mon, 24 Dec 2001 06:20:16

I have an iPAQ 3835 Pocket PC 2002.  I am trying to get it to sync
with my Thinkpad T-23 running Windows XP Professional.  The XP system
"sees" the IR iPAQ, and I can transfer files back and forth, but
activesync 3.5 won't work.

I followed the instructions for IR activesync in the manual and the
help file, choosing "Allow serial cable or infrared connection to this
COM port:  Infrared Port (IR)".  I note that under that option it says
any case, I go to Activesync on the Pocket PC and select "Connect via
IR" and I see the message "Status:  Connecting to Host" and then, in
about 3 seconds I get the noise that it usually makes when it's done
syncing, but no syncing has occurred.

Remember, I CAN transfer files, so the IR connection IS working.  Just
not activesync.  I have also successfully connected this Thinkpad with
my cellular phone for syncing phone numbers using XTNDConnect PC.  It
was a bumpy ride, but I made that work, too!  Just not Activesync
3.5!!

I know you'll feel very sorry for me when I tell you that I'm trying
to get this to work so I don't have to take my cradle with me when we
go to Hawaii for vacation after Christmas.....

I'm stuck, and hope someone has done this already and can tell me
how!!

Thanks,
Don