Getting the SIP to display characters from the symbol font

Getting the SIP to display characters from the symbol font

Post by jonn » Thu, 09 Jan 2003 22:47:38

Hi, i am trying to write a basic equation editor and am
using the standard symbol font for the characters. i have
the symbol font correctly created and loaded in the
program so for example when 'S' is hit the sigma character
is displayed, obviously now i need the SIP buttons to
display the symbols and not letters. i think the SIP uses
a bitmap to display the keyboard, how would i go about
extending this to display the symbols?

thanks

Getting the SIP to display characters from the symbol font

Post by r_z_are » Sat, 11 Jan 2003 06:12:36

You could write your own SIP. I can say that casually because I've
never tried. But I think Boling's book has a section, and it doesn't
look terribly difficult.

Quote:

>Hi, i am trying to write a basic equation editor and am
>using the standard symbol font for the characters. i have
>the symbol font correctly created and loaded in the
>program so for example when 'S' is hit the sigma character
>is displayed, obviously now i need the SIP buttons to
>display the symbols and not letters. i think the SIP uses
>a bitmap to display the keyboard, how would i go about
>extending this to display the symbols?

>thanks

Robert E. Zaret
PenFact, Inc.
46 Beach Street
Boston, MA 02111
www.penfact.com

1. Display the British Pound Symbol in SIP (Urgent)

Dear all,

I am writing a SIP program in win32 of embedded Visual C++ to display the
British pound "G" sign at the parent window. I have tried the following SIP
api:
SendString(TEXT("G"),1)

However, I can't display "G" symbol at all. Other symbols such as "(", ")",

what's the solution that I can display the British pound "G" symbol?

Thanks a lot!!!

Lok

2. CD-RW User Survey!

3. Getting SIP to display

4. Alias for domain possible???

5. Q: Display SIP in kiosk mode without SIP or Start button

6. USR Sportster 128K and Linux

7. Hebrew font or character set

8. SNMP proxy agent

9. Can't replace the Tahoma system font with one that shows Hebrew characters

10. Special fonts or characters in button labels

11. Pocket Internet Explorer incorrectly displays foreign language characters

12. Question about displaying Chinese character in PPC2002

13. problem displaying spanish-language characters