T-Mobile GPRS Down???

Post by Jim Sparkma » Tue, 13 Aug 2002 00:08:59

Hello,

Since yesterday, I've been unable to get to the Internet from my T-Mobile
Pocket PC.

Last night, I called Customer Care, and after the tech taking me through
setting up a new connection, and still not working, the tech comes back on
the line and says, "Oh, I see now why - the service is down in your area.
Just try again in a couple of hours."  I thought he was just trying to get
me off the phone.

So, tried again this morning - still no luck.  Called Customer Care again
and told the rep what I had been told last night.  She said that it was
still down.  I asked where, and she said "everywhere" - that they were
switching over from iStream to T-Zones and that due to the upgrade, no on
would have data service anywhere.

So, does anyone have service (yesterday and today)?  Anyone notice the same
thing?

Here's what I'm seeing:

1. I can make and receive phone calls and send/receive SMS messages. No
problem with that.

2. If I go to IE and try to load a page, a GPRS connection does get
established, but after that, I get a "The page you are looking for cannot be
found" error.

3.  If I try to log into MSN Messenger, the server is never found.

All of this was working on Friday.  I'm concerned that one of two programs
I've loaded could be causing the problems:

   - ALL-locations GPRS Traffic Counter 3.0
   - Ruksun's News Force 1.51

I uninstalled them both and tried again, but still the same results.  But I
always wonder how well a program's uninstall works. (anyone had any trouble
with either of these programs?)

Please let me know if you are or are not seeing issues with the data
services.

Thanks.

Jim Sparkman

T-Mobile GPRS Down???

Post by phillip m. torrone, microsoft ms-mvp | mobile device » Tue, 13 Aug 2002 01:29:59

i'm on right now, all is well. they might have told you the truth, it's down
in your area.

cheers,
pt

> Hello,

> Since yesterday, I've been unable to get to the Internet from my
> T-Mobile Pocket PC.

> Last night, I called Customer Care, and after the tech taking me
> through setting up a new connection, and still not working, the tech
> comes back on the line and says, "Oh, I see now why - the service is
> down in your area. Just try again in a couple of hours."  I thought
> he was just trying to get me off the phone.

> So, tried again this morning - still no luck.  Called Customer Care
> again and told the rep what I had been told last night.  She said
> that it was still down.  I asked where, and she said "everywhere" -
> that they were switching over from iStream to T-Zones and that due to
> the upgrade, no on would have data service anywhere.

> So, does anyone have service (yesterday and today)?  Anyone notice
> the same thing?

> Here's what I'm seeing:

> 1. I can make and receive phone calls and send/receive SMS messages.
> No problem with that.

> 2. If I go to IE and try to load a page, a GPRS connection does get
> established, but after that, I get a "The page you are looking for
> cannot be found" error.

> 3.  If I try to log into MSN Messenger, the server is never found.

> All of this was working on Friday.  I'm concerned that one of two
> programs I've loaded could be causing the problems:

>    - ALL-locations GPRS Traffic Counter 3.0
>    - Ruksun's News Force 1.51

> I uninstalled them both and tried again, but still the same results.
> But I always wonder how well a program's uninstall works. (anyone had
> any trouble with either of these programs?)

> Please let me know if you are or are not seeing issues with the data
> services.

> Thanks.

T-Mobile GPRS Down???

Post by Jim Sparkma » Tue, 13 Aug 2002 01:24:22

Thanks, Phillip.  Are you using ALL-location's GPRS Traffic Counter?  If so,
no issues with it on the T-Mobile?

How about Ruksun's News Force?

I'll be out in other areas of Orange County today, so I'll check my service
as I go.  Still down here in Yorba Linda, CA - unless I've just got a
problem on my PPCPE.  Don't see how, though, unless there's an issue with
the Traffic Counter or News Force..... those are the only two changes I've
made.  Learned my lesson here - check connectivity first, then install and
check immediately again!

Thanks again.

Jim Sparkman

"phillip m. torrone, microsoft ms-mvp | mobile devices"

> i'm on right now, all is well. they might have told you the truth, it's
down
> in your area.

> cheers,
> pt

> > Hello,

> > Since yesterday, I've been unable to get to the Internet from my
> > T-Mobile Pocket PC.

> > Last night, I called Customer Care, and after the tech taking me
> > through setting up a new connection, and still not working, the tech
> > comes back on the line and says, "Oh, I see now why - the service is
> > down in your area. Just try again in a couple of hours."  I thought
> > he was just trying to get me off the phone.

> > So, tried again this morning - still no luck.  Called Customer Care
> > again and told the rep what I had been told last night.  She said
> > that it was still down.  I asked where, and she said "everywhere" -
> > that they were switching over from iStream to T-Zones and that due to
> > the upgrade, no on would have data service anywhere.

> > So, does anyone have service (yesterday and today)?  Anyone notice
> > the same thing?

> > Here's what I'm seeing:

> > 1. I can make and receive phone calls and send/receive SMS messages.
> > No problem with that.

> > 2. If I go to IE and try to load a page, a GPRS connection does get
> > established, but after that, I get a "The page you are looking for
> > cannot be found" error.

> > 3.  If I try to log into MSN Messenger, the server is never found.

> > All of this was working on Friday.  I'm concerned that one of two
> > programs I've loaded could be causing the problems:

> >    - ALL-locations GPRS Traffic Counter 3.0
> >    - Ruksun's News Force 1.51

> > I uninstalled them both and tried again, but still the same results.
> > But I always wonder how well a program's uninstall works. (anyone had
> > any trouble with either of these programs?)

> > Please let me know if you are or are not seeing issues with the data
> > services.

> > Thanks.

T-Mobile GPRS Down???

Post by phillip m. torrone, microsoft ms-mvp | mobile device » Tue, 13 Aug 2002 02:26:50

> Thanks, Phillip.  Are you using ALL-location's GPRS Traffic Counter?
> If so, no issues with it on the T-Mobile?

nope.

Quote:> How about Ruksun's News Force?

nope.

Quote:> I'll be out in other areas of Orange County today, so I'll check my
> service as I go.  Still down here in Yorba Linda, CA - unless I've
> just got a problem on my PPCPE.  Don't see how, though, unless
> there's an issue with the Traffic Counter or News Force..... those
> are the only two changes I've made.  Learned my lesson here - check
> connectivity first, then install and check immediately again!

oh, cali! i've had issues there every single time. assume there's network
issues, for whatever reason there always are.

cheers,
pt

T-Mobile GPRS Down???

Post by Arne Hes » Tue, 13 Aug 2002 02:07:31

Quote:> Thanks, Phillip.  Are you using ALL-location's GPRS Traffic Counter?  If
so,
> no issues with it on the T-Mobile?

All-Location GPRS Counter works with every GPRS connection, doesn't matter
which network you are using!

--

Best Regards

Arne Hess, Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices
---
Editor in Chief PPCW.Net
Author of two German PPC Books
Contributing Author for Microsoft's PocketPC.com

MS Pocket PC & GSM at http://www.ppcw.net/
Technical Support at http://forum.ppcw.net/

T-Mobile GPRS Down???

Post by HomeofMik » Tue, 13 Aug 2002 02:22:11

I had this same problem until yesterday.  Now email and msn messenger work,
but IE browsing still fails with DNS lookup errors.  I live in the
Indianapolis area.

> Hello,

> Since yesterday, I've been unable to get to the Internet from my T-Mobile
> Pocket PC.

> Last night, I called Customer Care, and after the tech taking me through
> setting up a new connection, and still not working, the tech comes back on
> the line and says, "Oh, I see now why - the service is down in your area.
> Just try again in a couple of hours."  I thought he was just trying to get
> me off the phone.

> So, tried again this morning - still no luck.  Called Customer Care again
> and told the rep what I had been told last night.  She said that it was
> still down.  I asked where, and she said "everywhere" - that they were
> switching over from iStream to T-Zones and that due to the upgrade, no on
> would have data service anywhere.

> So, does anyone have service (yesterday and today)?  Anyone notice the
same
> thing?

> Here's what I'm seeing:

> 1. I can make and receive phone calls and send/receive SMS messages. No
> problem with that.

> 2. If I go to IE and try to load a page, a GPRS connection does get
> established, but after that, I get a "The page you are looking for cannot
be
> found" error.

> 3.  If I try to log into MSN Messenger, the server is never found.

> All of this was working on Friday.  I'm concerned that one of two programs
> I've loaded could be causing the problems:

>    - ALL-locations GPRS Traffic Counter 3.0
>    - Ruksun's News Force 1.51

> I uninstalled them both and tried again, but still the same results.  But
> always wonder how well a program's uninstall works. (anyone had any
trouble
> with either of these programs?)

> Please let me know if you are or are not seeing issues with the data
> services.

> Thanks.

> --

> Jim Sparkman

T-Mobile GPRS Down???

Post by Tong Zhan » Tue, 13 Aug 2002 03:17:51

The coverage in NoCal isn't that great either. You can go
from one town that has excellent connection to the next
town where has no connection what so ever. There are two
more towers will be added in the area our office is.
Hopefully this will help so that we don't have to go to
the belcony to use the T-Mobile.

You luck ducks in Seattle!!

Tong
www.pdabuyersguide.com

T-Mobile GPRS Down???

Post by Jim Sparkma » Tue, 13 Aug 2002 05:55:27

Update....

All seems to be fine now - since about an hour ago.  Everything, IE, MSN
Messenger, NewsForce, etc all work now.  And, yes, still have ALL-locations
GPRS Counter running.

Thanks, everyone.

Jim Sparkman

> Hello,

> Since yesterday, I've been unable to get to the Internet from my T-Mobile
> Pocket PC.

> Last night, I called Customer Care, and after the tech taking me through
> setting up a new connection, and still not working, the tech comes back on
> the line and says, "Oh, I see now why - the service is down in your area.
> Just try again in a couple of hours."  I thought he was just trying to get
> me off the phone.

> So, tried again this morning - still no luck.  Called Customer Care again
> and told the rep what I had been told last night.  She said that it was
> still down.  I asked where, and she said "everywhere" - that they were
> switching over from iStream to T-Zones and that due to the upgrade, no on
> would have data service anywhere.

> So, does anyone have service (yesterday and today)?  Anyone notice the
same
> thing?

> Here's what I'm seeing:

> 1. I can make and receive phone calls and send/receive SMS messages. No
> problem with that.

> 2. If I go to IE and try to load a page, a GPRS connection does get
> established, but after that, I get a "The page you are looking for cannot
be
> found" error.

> 3.  If I try to log into MSN Messenger, the server is never found.

> All of this was working on Friday.  I'm concerned that one of two programs
> I've loaded could be causing the problems:

>    - ALL-locations GPRS Traffic Counter 3.0
>    - Ruksun's News Force 1.51

> I uninstalled them both and tried again, but still the same results.  But
> always wonder how well a program's uninstall works. (anyone had any
trouble
> with either of these programs?)

> Please let me know if you are or are not seeing issues with the data
> services.

> Thanks.

> --

> Jim Sparkman