Converting palm info to ipaq?

Post by T.. » Mon, 21 Jan 2002 01:00:40

i recently purchased an iPaq 3835 and would like to know if anyone has
found an easy way to convert all my palm contact and calendar
information to outllook so i might synchronise it with my iPaq. Is
there a convenient way to do this other than converting the data to
CSV and trying to import into OL?
Thank you for any assistance.

Converting palm info to ipaq?

Post by kip » Mon, 21 Jan 2002 01:17:45

Check out this link:Going from Palm to Pocket PC
http://www.microsoft.com/mobile/pocketpc/stepbystep/palm2pocketpc.asp

--
Kip

Microsoft MVP-DTS

Quote:> i recently purchased an iPaq 3835 and would like to know if anyone has
> found an easy way to convert all my palm contact and calendar
> information to outllook so i might synchronise it with my iPaq. Is
> there a convenient way to do this other than converting the data to
> CSV and trying to import into OL?
> Thank you for any assistance.

Converting palm info to ipaq?

Post by Thomas Findo » Mon, 21 Jan 2002 01:50:16

unfortunately i have since lost my original CD for my Palm V so i do
not have access to Pocket Mirror and it seems e* no longer offers
an address book (unless i have completely missed it). do you know of
any other options, perhaps?
but i do appreciate your assistance, nonetheless.

>Check out this link:Going from Palm to Pocket PC
>http://www.veryComputer.com/

Converting palm info to ipaq?

Post by Gary » Mon, 21 Jan 2002 04:56:44

The easiest way I've found to make the conversion is to use the Yahoo Sync
facility. Upload everything to myYahoo, then extract it from there in
outlook format. Works slick!

Gary Learned
(In serarch of the perfect device)

Converting palm info to ipaq?

Post by Kevin M. Agar » Mon, 21 Jan 2002 17:48:56

So far, the easiest, cost free, method I found is the Yahoo address
book. It will allow you upload your data from the Palm desktop and
created a csv file fo import into outlook. I've now utilized this method
to convert over 5 different people and it has worked quite well each
time.

I was, in fact, about to build a conversion app in a database
application to do exactly this until I found the Yahoo process.

If you don't already have one, set up a Yahoo mail account and then go
to http://address.yahoo.com