putting an applications mini icon near/instead of clock

putting an applications mini icon near/instead of clock

Post by Yosi Iza » Wed, 12 Sep 2001 23:24:15

Hello ,

I am delevoping on winCE3.0/IPAQ .
I have a few books on winCE but none of them coveres the subject of
displaying the applications
icon in the lower or upper bars ( lower - contains keyboard /volume ...
icons ; upper - contains clock).

If anyone knows of it can be done or can direct me to a related web page or
reccomend a good book
It would be a big help .

thanks .

putting an applications mini icon near/instead of clock

Post by rz » Thu, 13 Sep 2001 05:57:43

I think my 13 July 01 contribution to a thread called "taskbar icon" in
microsoft.public.win32.programmer.wince will give you some leads.

To reply to me, remove the underscores (_) from my email address.

Robert E. Zaret
PenFact, Inc.
46 Beach Street
Boston, MA 02111
www.penfact.com

>Hello ,

>I am delevoping on winCE3.0/IPAQ .
>I have a few books on winCE but none of them coveres the subject of
>displaying the applications
>icon in the lower or upper bars ( lower - contains keyboard /volume ...
>icons ; upper - contains clock).

>If anyone knows of it can be done or can direct me to a related web page or
>reccomend a good book
>It would be a big help .

>thanks .

1. How to put an Application's icon in the Global Menu Bar

I would like to know how to put an application 's icon in
the global task bar (global menu bar)* of a Pocket PC
2002. I would like that icon to appear on the global task
bar (global menu bar)*   all the time even when the
application is not running.

If possible I would also like to know how to give the icon
a different color when the application is active as
opposed to when it is not active.

I am working with Microsoft eMbedded Visual C++.

*Menu Bar

The menu bar-also called a command bar-is a combination
toolbar and menu that displays menu items and toolbar
commands. The menu bar appears at the bottom of the device
screen so that the user's hand does not obstruct
information content as they use commands to manipulate it.
Place menu items appearing on the menu bar on the leftmost
portion of the bar. Tool buttons, both standard and
application specific, must appear to the right of the
menus in the menu bar.

I would be very grateful for your response at your
earliest convenience.

Sincerely yours,
M Latrach

2. collecting SNMP stats from ATM subinterfaces (again)

3. Can i write a program near the clock/Speaker on pocket PC 2002??

4. Map drives

5. How do I put an Icon next to the speaker Icon in the top right corner

6. Video I/O Ports on some O2 models????

7. AquaPac mini mini review

8. Alternative fan

9. 24 hour clock instead of 12 hour am/om

10. Adding EVB icon with EVC and KB Article - HOWTO: Associate an Icon with an eVB Application

11. How do I put "shutdown" icon on my ppc taskbar?

12. Best utility for putting program icons on today screen

13. The bar at the top and putting an icon on it