Windows Media Player Problems HELP!

Post by KAPU » Sun, 25 Nov 2001 12:37:19

I have an iPaq Pocket PC and recently upgraded to Pocket PC 2002 since then
I have no Windows Media Player. When I go to download it... all i get is
that this device is not supported with this version of Windows Media Player.
Please refer to http://microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia for info on
supported devices and downloads.
Am doing something wrong.  Do I need an update or something. PLEASE HELP...I
am in frustrated.
Thanks for all and any input. KAPU : )

Windows Media Player Problems HELP!

Post by Rob Borek, MS-MVP/Mobile Device » Sun, 25 Nov 2001 12:46:15

Quote:> I have an iPaq Pocket PC and recently upgraded to Pocket PC 2002 since
> then I have no Windows Media Player. When I go to download it... all i
> get is that this device is not supported with this version of Windows
> Media Player. Please refer to
> http://microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia for info on supported
> devices and downloads. Am doing something wrong.  Do I need an update
> or something. PLEASE HELP...I am in frustrated.
> Thanks for all and any input. KAPU : )

Look on the CD that the upgrade came on for Windows Media Player 8.

--
Rob Borek
CCNA, MCP, Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices

Post by Jonathan Highto » Mon, 26 Nov 2001 04:50:15

> > I have an iPaq Pocket PC and recently upgraded to Pocket PC 2002 since
> > then I have no Windows Media Player. When I go to download it... all i
> > get is that this device is not supported with this version of Windows
> > Media Player. Please refer to
> > http://microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia for info on supported
> > devices and downloads. Am doing something wrong.  Do I need an update
> > or something. PLEASE HELP...I am in frustrated.
> > Thanks for all and any input. KAPU : )

> Look on the CD that the upgrade came on for Windows Media Player 8.

> --

snip
If you do not have the CD then download WMP 8 via KAVA.
Then you will be OK.

-- Jonathan
Posted with Ink Spot (for PocketPC) from DejaVu Software, Inc.
Usenet wherever you are - http://www.dejavusoftware.com/

1. Help!Windows Media Player 8 problem!!!

I have a Pocket PC 2002 Phone Edition with the Windows Media Player 8 for
Pocket. When I run Windows Media Player doesn't work anymore! I tried to
delete the folder and re-install a few times but nothing! When I run WMP
appears in the top left of the Pocket the title Windows Media Player, like
when you run the problem, but suddenly desapear and nothing! Someone have a
soluttion for this problem?

Thanks

Pedro

2. Object from Window (repost with clarifications)

3. Windows Media Encoder / Windows Media Player

4. LSI L1A4881 datasheet

5. Windows Media Goes Wireless With New Windows Media Player for Pocket PC

6. OFERTA DE TRABAJO PARA MCSD

7. Windows Media Rights Manager SDK 7 (DRM) and Windows Media Player for Pocket PC

8. New Sc6.21 available (PD Spreadsheet)

9. Windows Media Player on Pocket PC - Help?

10. Please help with Windows Media Player

11. Help needed on Windows Media Player

12. Can anyone help me install Windows Media Player on an E-125?

13. windows media player doesnt work, help me out...