Wow - the free leather case is VERY nice for iPaq with CF sleeve

Wow - the free leather case is VERY nice for iPaq with CF sleeve

Post by Timothy Trip » Thu, 24 Aug 2000 04:00:00

I'll post a picture of it as soon as I get a chance, but for now, I can't
imagine a better case for the iPaq than the free leather one from the
refer-a-friend program.   Soft, dark brown leather btw.  It fits the iPaq
with the CF sleeve.  I have 6 credit cards and my drivers license in it and
will probably just start using this for my wallet.

I will say though, sadly, that's it's just too big for my jeans pocket any
more : (    Personally I have a real problem with my PocketPC not fitting in
my POCKET....   but I'm into the whole truth in advertising thing...  Oh
well, the devices will all be a lot thinner in a year.  Personally, I don't
know if I'll go the route of belt clip or just carrying it, probably the
latter.

Refer your friends (preferably new customers to grow the PPC market instead
of just pretend friends that already have PPCs) the case is VERY nice!

TT

Wow - the free leather case is VERY nice for iPaq with CF sleeve

Post by Preston Crawfor » Thu, 24 Aug 2000 04:00:00

The leather case is nice. I'm not so put off by the fact that it doesn't
always fit in my pocket well. I say "well" because it fits, it just looks
strange. It's worth it, though, to pare my carry along items from 5 (Rio,
Nino, wallet, cell phone, keys) to 3 (cell phone, Jornada/Wallet, keys.)

Preston

Quote:> I'll post a picture of it as soon as I get a chance, but for now, I can't
> imagine a better case for the iPaq than the free leather one from the
> refer-a-friend program.   Soft, dark brown leather btw.  It fits the iPaq
> with the CF sleeve.  I have 6 credit cards and my drivers license in it
and
> will probably just start using this for my wallet.

> I will say though, sadly, that's it's just too big for my jeans pocket any
> more : (    Personally I have a real problem with my PocketPC not fitting
in
> my POCKET....   but I'm into the whole truth in advertising thing...  Oh
> well, the devices will all be a lot thinner in a year.  Personally, I
don't
> know if I'll go the route of belt clip or just carrying it, probably the
> latter.

> Refer your friends (preferably new customers to grow the PPC market
instead
> of just pretend friends that already have PPCs) the case is VERY nice!

> TT

Wow - the free leather case is VERY nice for iPaq with CF sleeve

Post by Markos Bernd » Fri, 25 Aug 2000 04:00:00

When you say your pocket, you mean front or back, I usually put mine in
back.  If fits nicer and feel and looks alot more comfortable.  Shall we
recommend jeans now :).

Markos

Quote:> I'll post a picture of it as soon as I get a chance, but for now, I can't
> imagine a better case for the iPaq than the free leather one from the
> refer-a-friend program.   Soft, dark brown leather btw.  It fits the iPaq
> with the CF sleeve.  I have 6 credit cards and my drivers license in it
and
> will probably just start using this for my wallet.

> I will say though, sadly, that's it's just too big for my jeans pocket any
> more : (    Personally I have a real problem with my PocketPC not fitting
in
> my POCKET....   but I'm into the whole truth in advertising thing...  Oh
> well, the devices will all be a lot thinner in a year.  Personally, I
don't
> know if I'll go the route of belt clip or just carrying it, probably the
> latter.

> Refer your friends (preferably new customers to grow the PPC market
instead
> of just pretend friends that already have PPCs) the case is VERY nice!

> TT

Wow - the free leather case is VERY nice for iPaq with CF sleeve

Post by John » Fri, 25 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Does anyone know if this is the same case that Compaq will be selling?

> The leather case is nice. I'm not so put off by the fact that it doesn't
> always fit in my pocket well. I say "well" because it fits, it just looks
> strange. It's worth it, though, to pare my carry along items from 5 (Rio,
> Nino, wallet, cell phone, keys) to 3 (cell phone, Jornada/Wallet, keys.)

> Preston

> > I'll post a picture of it as soon as I get a chance, but for now, I
can't
> > imagine a better case for the iPaq than the free leather one from the
> > refer-a-friend program.   Soft, dark brown leather btw.  It fits the
iPaq
> > with the CF sleeve.  I have 6 credit cards and my drivers license in it
> and
> > will probably just start using this for my wallet.

> > I will say though, sadly, that's it's just too big for my jeans pocket
any
> > more : (    Personally I have a real problem with my PocketPC not
fitting
> in
> > my POCKET....   but I'm into the whole truth in advertising thing...  Oh
> > well, the devices will all be a lot thinner in a year.  Personally, I
> don't
> > know if I'll go the route of belt clip or just carrying it, probably the
> > latter.

> > Refer your friends (preferably new customers to grow the PPC market
> instead
> > of just pretend friends that already have PPCs) the case is VERY nice!

> > TT

Wow - the free leather case is VERY nice for iPaq with CF sleeve

Post by Bloomber » Fri, 25 Aug 2000 04:00:00

get a plaid short sleeve shirt, they usually have big pockets.

Quote:

> I'll post a picture of it as soon as I get a chance, but for now, I can't
> imagine a better case for the iPaq than the free leather one from the
> refer-a-friend program.   Soft, dark brown leather btw.  It fits the iPaq
> with the CF sleeve.  I have 6 credit cards and my drivers license in it
and
> will probably just start using this for my wallet.

> I will say though, sadly, that's it's just too big for my jeans pocket any
> more : (    Personally I have a real problem with my PocketPC not fitting
in
> my POCKET....   but I'm into the whole truth in advertising thing...  Oh
> well, the devices will all be a lot thinner in a year.  Personally, I
don't
> know if I'll go the route of belt clip or just carrying it, probably the
> latter.

> Refer your friends (preferably new customers to grow the PPC market
instead
> of just pretend friends that already have PPCs) the case is VERY nice!

> TT

1. Free Leather Case from Microsoft - very nice (description)

I am very impressed by the free leather case from microsoft. (The one from
the "refer a friend" offer)  I was expecting a cheezy piece of junk, but I
was wrong.

Reasons why i like it:
1) It is nice leather
2) reasonably think padding
3) extra layer of leather at the front to protect your screen
4) velcro to hold your pocketPC in
5) plenty of room for my IPAQ and the CF sleeve
6) room for business cards, money, etc
7) very compact - fits snugly around the pocketpc
8) free (even though I would have given as much as $20 for it because it is
so perfect)

Nice job on this one MS!

thanks

2. Need cheap SIMMs in US

3. Best leather case for IPAQ + CF sleeve ?

4. NM3 in spanish?

5. Anyone have a nice IPAQ leather case with belt clip???

6. LONGNAME Extended Attributes

7. Anyone seen any nice leather cases for the 3800 iPAQ

8. nMake 5.0 problems

9. iPaq Leather Case found (nice)

10. How to make the standard "leather" case accomodate an iPaq + its basic sleeve.

11. Ipaq + CF Sleeve + Wireless CF = What case ??