Windows Media Player Pocket PC

Post by Marlof Bregonje, MS-MVP/Mobile Device » Mon, 18 Nov 2002 21:55:17

Quote:>The question is, should I do that?

I don't think so.

Quote:>and does anyone have
> an idea as to how I install a CAB file on the PPC?

Just place the .cab file on your Pocket PC, and double tap on it. It will
install itself.
--
Marlof Bregonje
Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices   www.pocketpc.com

Windows Media Player Pocket PC

Post by Michael Bate » Mon, 18 Nov 2002 23:53:29

Sorry, I didn't notice you already had the CAB file for version 8.  You
should be able to copy it over and click on the file from your PPC.

Windows Media Player Pocket PC

Post by Michael Bate » Mon, 18 Nov 2002 23:48:41

To see if you have the installation file for Media Player Vedrsion 8, you
might try (on your desktop) "Find - Files or Folders" and look for the file
WMNAll.exe.  Expect to see a filesize of about 800K.  Media Player 7.1
installer also has the same name, but the file size would be different.

In the past, URThere hosted a copy of Media Player 8.0 on their website.
Now they only have a useless link on their  support page that directs you to
Microsoft's website.  But Microsoft's download site doesn't host version 8

I've emailed URThere about this problem and have received no reply.

If you have no alternative, someone mentioned in a newsgroup that you could
install 7.1 by the following method:  When you get the warning that it won't
install on PPC 2002, don't click anything.  Open file explorer and look for
the CAB file under the \Windows\Temp folder.  Copy that file manually over
to your PPC and open it on your PPC.

Quote:> I use a Generic PocketPC Amigo from URThere.  I upgraded to PPC2002 and
all