Q: Display SIP in kiosk mode without SIP or Start button

Q: Display SIP in kiosk mode without SIP or Start button

Post by Ralph Herzo » Thu, 18 Jul 2002 01:20:02

Hi,

I'm developping an application which uses kiosk mode.
But every time I display the current input panel,
the sip button and the windows start button are
also displayed. Then the user can start another program,
which is not desired.

How can I use a SIP keyboard without displaying
Sip button or Start button?

Thank you for your help
Ralph

Q: Display SIP in kiosk mode without SIP or Start button

Post by Vassili Philippo » Thu, 18 Jul 2002 03:31:23

You have to restore full screen mode. There are many things that you should
keep in mind if you want to create real unswitchable application. We have
spent 1 year for that.

Or you can use Spb KioskEngine:
http://www.softspb.com/products/kioskengine/index.html

Vassili Philippov
MS-MVP Mobile Devices

Q: Display SIP in kiosk mode without SIP or Start button

Post by Ralph Herzo » Thu, 18 Jul 2002 15:53:18

OK,
But if I restore Full Screen mode the keyboard will
disapear !
I'm searching a way to display a keyboard though
the dialog will stay in full screen mode.

Any ideas?
Ralph

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>You have to restore full screen mode. There are many

things that you should
Quote:>keep in mind if you want to create real unswitchable

application. We have
Quote:>spent 1 year for that.

>Or you can use Spb KioskEngine:
>http://www.softspb.com/products/kioskengine/index.html

>Vassili Philippov
>MS-MVP Mobile Devices

>.

1. Control SIP Input Mode?

Does anyone know how to control the current mode of the SIP?  I'm not
so much interested in open/closed, but more in alpha vs. numeric.  In
fact I'm most interested in getting the Japanese SIP to change input
modes.  I found a pile of functions in IMM.H, but I can't get any of
them to do what I want.  Any ideas?

Thanks!
GB

2. From Info to hard-copy

3. SIP Keyboard Display problem

4. Emacs is:

5. Display the British Pound Symbol in SIP (Urgent)

6. Apple LaserWriterII pinouts

7. Getting SIP to display

8. Installing a New Hard Drive

9. Getting the SIP to display characters from the symbol font

10. SIP display

11. SIP button

12. SIP button dosn't go away

13. hide SIP Button does not work !?