bmp or 2bp files

Post by P Straus » Sat, 24 Feb 2001 15:23:21

I created a bmp file in photoshop and can't load in into an imagecontrol.
However the same control can load a 2bp file in the same directory as the
bmp file in the emulation. Renaming file doesn't help. How do I convert a
bmp file to a 2bp file on the emulation. I believe activesync does it for
you on the actual device.

Paul

bmp or 2bp files

Post by Fred Vanderveld » Sun, 25 Feb 2001 03:45:42

WinCE 3.0 places some restrictions on the number of colors in a bitmap.
Check out MS's site for more details -- this would be the most obvious
reason you wouldn't be able to load a bmp.

HTH,

FV

Quote:> I created a bmp file in photoshop and can't load in into an imagecontrol.
> However the same control can load a 2bp file in the same directory as the
> bmp file in the emulation. Renaming file doesn't help. How do I convert a
> bmp file to a 2bp file on the emulation. I believe activesync does it for
> you on the actual device.

> Paul

I have seen several questions regarding BMP file loading and
CreateDIBSection().

I have a sample program with source that loads BMP files and adds RLE
support to the CE platforms.  The program loads BMP files from disk and
displays them in the main window.

It automatically adds proportional scrollbars to the window if needed.  The
code compiles and runs on all of the emulators and was tested HPC2000
(Jornado 720) and PPC2002 (Jornada 568).  The code also compiles for Win32
and runs on 95,98,NT,2K and XP.

The example executables are compiled with my DIB library that supports RLE
compression on all of the above platforms and uses CreateDIBSection().  The
sample source code uses a the LoadImage() and SHLoadDIBitmap() routines and
do not support RLE compression.

Download if your interested at:

www.forbisoft.com

2. Tornado on NT4.0 and PPP

3. How can convert .PSW file (POCKET WORD file) to BMP file?

4. Win2K Pro PPTP VPN Server w/NAT

5. Why I cann't convert .pwi file to bmp file?

6. Correcting color shifts in old 35mm color negatives? Negative scans apprear green

7. Converting a PWI file to a BMP file?

8. New officejet drivers

9. What is the best way 2 programmatically display graphics files (ie JPEG, BMP) in Pocket PC?

10. How can I print a Pocket excel documents to a BMP file?

11. Creating persistant CBitmap from .bmp file

12. How to load a bitmap from a BMP file?

13. Displaying a bmp picture!