Spam filter for PPC?

Post by Erin » Wed, 02 Apr 2003 22:40:28

Greetings all-

Does anyone have a favorite spam filter for WinCE? (I have an Ipaq 5455 &
use Outlook)

Thank you very much,
Erin

Spam filter for PPC?

Post by Beverly Howard [Ms-MVP/MobileDev » Thu, 03 Apr 2003 04:48:13

afaik, there is none for the device itself

many isp's are now implimenting spam filters that would work

in my case, I am using ChoiceMail from http://digiportal.com and it
offers the ability for the pc that it is running on to serve as a pop3
server for other pc's on the same network.

As a result, I have the ability to pick up filtered email via wifi as
long as I am in range of the ap or have a wired network connection.

Traveling is a slightly different matter... two options;

shut down choicemail and pick up unfiltered mail enroute from your isp's
  server.

open a "port" from the internet to the pop3 port on the choicemail machine

Neither is perfect... the former requires wading through the slime, and
the latter only presents filtered mail, potentially holding important
pending message until you return or run a remote sesson on that pc... I
generally use the former.

--
Beverly Howard

Note; The contents of my postings and responses here represent my
personal opinions and do not necessarily reflect the views, thoughts or
feelings of Microsoft or any of its employees.

More info on the MVP program at http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/