ANN: 128MB iPAQ RAM Upgrade Released

Post by Leonard Wesso » Wed, 08 Aug 2001 17:14:34

Hi,

We've had several requests to post this info when it was ready.

We are pleased to announce that our much-anticipated 128MB internal RAM
upgrades for the iPAQ H3100 & 3600 series are now available.  Due to a
ROM issue, the iPAQ does not support the 128MB natively.  In a joint
venture with Times2 Tech, we have developed a proprietary driver to
enable the additional 64MB to be accessible off of the root as another
storage device.  Our driver is a very small overlay that is transparent
to the user and even disables itself once the BIOS supports the extra
capacity.

For those of you that have already purchased the 64MB upgrade from us,
as promised, we are offering a trade-in allowance for your 64MB upgrade.

Please visit our site at http://www.pce2000.com/pocketpc.asp for further
information.

Best Regards,

Leonard

Portable Computer Enhancements
Home of the iPAQ 128MB Upgrade
http://www.pce2000.com/pocketpc.asp
TF: 888-301-2595

ANN: 128MB iPAQ RAM Upgrade Released

Post by Stephen Gilke » Thu, 09 Aug 2001 02:11:17

Can I get this in the UK?

> Hi,

> We've had several requests to post this info when it was ready.

> We are pleased to announce that our much-anticipated 128MB internal RAM
> upgrades for the iPAQ H3100 & 3600 series are now available.  Due to a
> ROM issue, the iPAQ does not support the 128MB natively.  In a joint
> venture with Times2 Tech, we have developed a proprietary driver to
> enable the additional 64MB to be accessible off of the root as another
> storage device.  Our driver is a very small overlay that is transparent
> to the user and even disables itself once the BIOS supports the extra
> capacity.

> For those of you that have already purchased the 64MB upgrade from us,
> as promised, we are offering a trade-in allowance for your 64MB upgrade.

> Please visit our site at http://www.pce2000.com/pocketpc.asp for further
> information.

> Best Regards,

> Leonard

> Portable Computer Enhancements
> Home of the iPAQ 128MB Upgrade
> http://www.pce2000.com/pocketpc.asp
> TF: 888-301-2595

ANN: 128MB iPAQ RAM Upgrade Released

Post by Jon Feathe » Thu, 09 Aug 2001 03:24:58

I wish you could, though they do international orders.., I may be tempted..
not sure wether id like to ship my ipaq to the states though..!!

Post by Andy Mulhear » Thu, 09 Aug 2001 05:22:01

> I wish you could, though they do international orders.., I may be tempted..
> not sure wether id like to ship my ipaq to the states though..!!

The thought of a * Ipaq with enough space for almost two hours of music
is VERY tempting :)

Andy

--
Quick to judge, quick to anger, slow to understand;
Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

ANN: 128MB iPAQ RAM Upgrade Released

Post by Leonard Wesso » Thu, 09 Aug 2001 14:44:39

Hi Stephen,

Not that I know of.  The only option is to ship it over here to us.
We've upgraded units from around the world including Thailand,
Australia, etc. without any problems.

Best Regards,

Leonard

Portable Computer Enhancements
Home of the iPAQ 128MB Upgrade
http://www.pce2000.com/pocketpc.asp
TF: 888-301-2595

> Can I get this in the UK?

> > Hi,

> > We've had several requests to post this info when it was ready.

> > We are pleased to announce that our much-anticipated 128MB internal RAM
> > upgrades for the iPAQ H3100 & 3600 series are now available.  Due to a
> > ROM issue, the iPAQ does not support the 128MB natively.  In a joint
> > venture with Times2 Tech, we have developed a proprietary driver to
> > enable the additional 64MB to be accessible off of the root as another
> > storage device.  Our driver is a very small overlay that is transparent
> > to the user and even disables itself once the BIOS supports the extra
> > capacity.

> > For those of you that have already purchased the 64MB upgrade from us,
> > as promised, we are offering a trade-in allowance for your 64MB upgrade.

> > Please visit our site at http://www.pce2000.com/pocketpc.asp for further
> > information.

> > Best Regards,

> > Leonard

> > Portable Computer Enhancements
> > Home of the iPAQ 128MB Upgrade
> > http://www.pce2000.com/pocketpc.asp
> > TF: 888-301-2595

1. ANN: 128MB iPAQ RAM Upgrade Released

[...]

2. strong modem problem

3. iPAQ 128MB Internal RAM upgrade

4. Simple logic problem - AND (+ attachments + rampant crossposting)

5. T-Mobile 128MB RAM Upgrade

6. Compiler positions available for week ending April 2

7. FILESERV@WKU: Updated DRLOGIN

8. pocketpc 2002 supports 128MB RAM or more on IPAQ?

9. Pocket PC Upgrade and status of RAM installable apps not in the Upgrade

10. PPC Tech memory upgrade to 128Mb - iPAQ 3970

11. iPaq 3635 RAM upgraded to 64MB

12. iPaq RAM & ROM Upgrades