terminal server depuis pocket pc

Post by Julien Manapo » Sun, 04 May 2003 07:08:41

Hello !

I usually admin a remote server via terminal server on my win2k. All is OK.

I have got a pocket pc, iPaq h3970 BT.
From the iPaq connected via activesync,  I am able to launch terminal
service and to access my remote server by entering IP address. All is OK.

I have a GRPS BT phone.
From my iPaq, I access internet via BT and my GPRS phone. All is OK : IE,
Outlook and ftp.
But if I try to access my remote server via terminal service by entering IP
address while connected to internet, I get a timeout.

What is going wrong ?

Thanks !

terminal server depuis pocket pc

Post by MS » Sun, 04 May 2003 07:41:48

Is the machine you are trying to remotely administer connected directly to
the internet or is it located behind a NAT or a firewall?  The IP address of
a machine is only representative of the network it is directly connected to.

If it is located on a work network (behind a firewall), you must first
connect via VPN  to that network.

Jonathan Jeffries (MS)
Software Test Engineer
Productivity Applications Team