Running the same AP between Pocket PC and Pocket PC 2002

Running the same AP between Pocket PC and Pocket PC 2002

Post by Sa » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 10:06:51

Hi,

I have an application that runs both Pocket PC and Pocket PC 2002.
However, I have two executable for each platform.  The difference
between the executable is very minor.  Is there a variable that I can
check for in my code to distinquish between PPC and PPC 2002? This
will help me merge both execuatble into one.

THanks

Running the same AP between Pocket PC and Pocket PC 2002

Post by Yaroslav Goncharo » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 15:42:03

Hi

the following code check the platform in runtime

BOOL IsPocketPC2002(void)
{
 TCHAR szPlatform[MAX_STRING_BUFFER];
 OSVERSIONINFO osVer;

 GetVersionEx(&osVer);
 if (osVer.dwMajorVersion==3)
 if (SystemParametersInfo(SPI_GETPLATFORMTYPE,
       sizeof(szPlatform),szPlatform,0)!=0)
 if (lstrcmp(szPlatform,TEXT("PocketPC"))==0)
    return TRUE;
 return FALSE;

Quote:}

--
Yaroslav Goncharov
Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices

Quote:> Hi,

> I have an application that runs both Pocket PC and Pocket PC 2002.
> However, I have two executable for each platform.  The difference
> between the executable is very minor.  Is there a variable that I can
> check for in my code to distinquish between PPC and PPC 2002? This
> will help me merge both execuatble into one.

> THanks

Running the same AP between Pocket PC and Pocket PC 2002

Post by Andrey Yatsy » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 15:48:11

You can distinguish OSes by GetVersionEx api call.

Andrey Yatsyk

Quote:> Hi,