5455 with S55 connecting T-Mobile GPRS in USA

5455 with S55 connecting T-Mobile GPRS in USA

Post by Dan » Tue, 21 Jan 2003 13:05:58

I just purchased a Siemens S55 and I'm having a hard time
connecting my 5455 to T-Mobile's full internet GPRS
service with this phone as a modem.  I was using a T-68i
and my 5455 before and it was easy to set them up.  I
already know T-Mobile's APN (internet2.voicestream.com)
and their access number (*99***2#) but it's still not
connecting.

Does anyone know how to setup the Siemens S55 to connect
to T-Mobile's full internet GPRS?  Pls help.  Thanks a
bunch in advance.

5455 with S55 connecting T-Mobile GPRS in USA

Post by T-Shirt ~??? » Tue, 21 Jan 2003 17:25:41

Hi Dan,

Perhaps you need to add an extra dial-up string for your GPRS modem, such as
this:

at+cgdcont=1,"ip","operator_url"

The operator_url is the APN provided by your cellular operator.

Good luck.

T-Shirt.