Windows Media Encoder 9.0

Post by Andrew Butterwort » Sun, 03 Nov 2002 02:52:29

With Windows Media Encoder 7.1 for NT/2000 the default was to encode files
with Windows Media Video V8.1 or V7 and Windows Media Audio V7 or V8 - with
the new Windows Media Encoder 9 you can only encode audio using Windows
Media Audio 9 - My Compaq iPAQ with Pocket PC 2002 and Media Player 8 cannot
understand Windows Media Audio 9 and I can't find anything on Microsoft's
site about this

Does anyone know if there are Pocket PC 2002 codec's available for Windows
Media Audio 9 or another way around the problem?

Andy

Windows Media Encoder 9.0

Post by Peter Foo » Sun, 03 Nov 2002 04:08:56

There is an update to Windows Media Player - 8.5 which will include a media9
codec.  It should be part of the EUU3 update which will be distributed by
manufacturers shortly, keep an eye out at compaqs website.  In the mean time
you will have to continue to use an older version of the encoder to create a
supported filetype.

Checkout the preview here
http://www.pocketpcmagic.com/wmp85/

Peter

Quote:> With Windows Media Encoder 7.1 for NT/2000 the default was to encode files
> with Windows Media Video V8.1 or V7 and Windows Media Audio V7 or V8 -
with
> the new Windows Media Encoder 9 you can only encode audio using Windows
> Media Audio 9 - My Compaq iPAQ with Pocket PC 2002 and Media Player 8
cannot
> understand Windows Media Audio 9 and I can't find anything on Microsoft's
> site about this

> Does anyone know if there are Pocket PC 2002 codec's available for Windows
> Media Audio 9 or another way around the problem?

> Andy

Windows Media Encoder 9.0

Post by Andrew Butterwort » Sun, 03 Nov 2002 09:37:35

Thanks

Now why isn't Microsoft's Website as helpful :o)

Andy Butterworth

> There is an update to Windows Media Player - 8.5 which will include a
media9
> codec.  It should be part of the EUU3 update which will be distributed by
> manufacturers shortly, keep an eye out at compaqs website.  In the mean
time
> you will have to continue to use an older version of the encoder to create
> supported filetype.

> Checkout the preview here
> http://www.pocketpcmagic.com/wmp85/

> Peter

> > With Windows Media Encoder 7.1 for NT/2000 the default was to encode
files
> > with Windows Media Video V8.1 or V7 and Windows Media Audio V7 or V8 -
> with
> > the new Windows Media Encoder 9 you can only encode audio using Windows
> > Media Audio 9 - My Compaq iPAQ with Pocket PC 2002 and Media Player 8
> cannot
> > understand Windows Media Audio 9 and I can't find anything on
Microsoft's
> > site about this

> > Does anyone know if there are Pocket PC 2002 codec's available for
Windows
> > Media Audio 9 or another way around the problem?

> > Andy

Windows Media Encoder 9.0

Post by Bob » Mon, 04 Nov 2002 01:07:54

Peter and Andrew,

WM Encoder 9 has a drop down in the properties for compression were you can
select ver 8 for video.  You can leave the audio at 9 however.  The output
file will then be playable on WM8 PPC.

Bob

> There is an update to Windows Media Player - 8.5 which will include a
media9
> codec.  It should be part of the EUU3 update which will be distributed by
> manufacturers shortly, keep an eye out at compaqs website.  In the mean
time
> you will have to continue to use an older version of the encoder to create
> supported filetype.

> Checkout the preview here
> http://www.pocketpcmagic.com/wmp85/

> Peter

> > With Windows Media Encoder 7.1 for NT/2000 the default was to encode
files
> > with Windows Media Video V8.1 or V7 and Windows Media Audio V7 or V8 -
> with
> > the new Windows Media Encoder 9 you can only encode audio using Windows
> > Media Audio 9 - My Compaq iPAQ with Pocket PC 2002 and Media Player 8
> cannot
> > understand Windows Media Audio 9 and I can't find anything on
Microsoft's
> > site about this

> > Does anyone know if there are Pocket PC 2002 codec's available for
Windows
> > Media Audio 9 or another way around the problem?

> > Andy

1. Windows Media Encoder 9.0

I have installed Windows Media Encoder 9.0 beta on my PC and it will no
longer encode Windows Audio 7 or 8; only 9 is available.  In the release
notes is states that to encode Video for PocketPC make sure you use Windows
Media Video 7 or 8.1 but nothing about Audio - needless to say the audio
doesn't work.  Anyone else have this problem and what is the resolution
(apart from uninstall Media Encoder 9 and reinstall 7.1)

Andy Butterworth

2. Troubleshoot: cable ok, but no link

3. Windows Media Encoder / Windows Media Player

4. Can a GS display PostScript?

5. Windows Media Encoder w/o the latest WiMP?

6. Compiler positions available for week ending April 11

7. windows media encoder

8. FS: Megahertz PCMCIA 14.4 modem

9. window media encoder

10. Windows Media Encoder and Streaming

11. Encoding video with Windows Media Encoder 9

12. Windows Media Encoder 9 - POcket PC

13. Windows Media Encoder 7 Video questions..