Wanted: Beta testers for PocketDAQ*

Post by Sebastian Dworni » Tue, 27 May 2003 02:02:52

Introducing PocketDAQ* from Applied PDA Software.

Data Acquisition for the mobile explorer.

PocketDAQ* is a new application for mobile Pocket PC 2002 devices that is
designed to interface, control, and monitor data from any device connected
to your Pocket PC using RS232 serial communications or the infrared port.

It is now ready for beta testing, and we are looking for a few good
volunteers to help test it.

Basic requirements:

(*) You must have a Pocket PC 2002 device with a serial (RS232 *not* USB)
cable.
    Compact Flash serial cards are accepted too.

(*) You must be technically adept, capable of using registry tools, and
    taking screen captures.

(*) You must be available for testing from now until at least the end of
June, 2003.
    The test will begin soon, and is expected to last a minimum of three
weeks if all
    goes well, longer if not.

If you have read this far and you qualify, and you still want to help, then
please
visit http://TestLab.AppliedPDA.com  (*DO NOT* post in this newsgroup!).
Once there
you can read the full details and submit your application.

This message is posted on Sunday May 25, 2003.  We will be collecting
applications
until the end of this week.  At which point, only the chosen applicants will
receive
an email to continue.  We only require a limited amount of testers at this
time.
So please don't be offended or too disappointed if you are not selected.  At
the end
of the beta program, selected testers will receive our sincere gratitude,
and of course,
the right to keep a free copy of PocketDAQ*.

Thank you.

Applied PDA Software Test Lab Team

Wanted: Beta testers for PocketDAQ*

Post by Anthony » Wed, 28 May 2003 01:21:58

What does this software do?
Who is it geared for?
What's the goal of the beta period?

There are too many questions, for me to just "sign-up" for, blindly.

Quote:> Introducing PocketDAQ* from Applied PDA Software.