ActiveSync and Lotus Notes

Post by PRSIS » Fri, 28 Mar 2003 02:09:28

I am using a Dell Axim pocket PC, using Windows CE.  Does
anybody know if activesync will sync to Lotus Notes?

We currently use Outlook, but will be going to Lotus Notes.

Thanks.

ActiveSync and Lotus Notes

Post by PRSIS » Fri, 28 Mar 2003 02:09:33

I am using a Dell Axim pocket PC, using Windows CE.  Does
anybody know if activesync will sync to Lotus Notes?

We currently use Outlook, but will be going to Lotus Notes.

Thanks.

ActiveSync and Lotus Notes

Post by Bobb » Fri, 28 Mar 2003 03:53:07

No it doesn't. You will have to buy a third-party product to get these
products to talk to each other. And it's messy. I have persistent problems
synching my iPAQ with Notes - but it works fine (at home) with Outlook.

As an Outlook and Notes user, I can assure you that you're making a BIG
mistake in changing to Notes. It's an ugly, counter-intuitive piece of
software.

Bobby

Quote:> I am using a Dell Axim pocket PC, using Windows CE.  Does
> anybody know if activesync will sync to Lotus Notes?

> We currently use Outlook, but will be going to Lotus Notes.

> Thanks.

ActiveSync and Lotus Notes

Post by Mark Edward » Fri, 28 Mar 2003 21:38:20

This software syncs flawlessly with Notes.

http://www.extendedsystems.com/ESI/Products/Mobile+Data+Management+Produ
cts/PC-Based+Synchronization/default.htm

> I am using a Dell Axim pocket PC, using Windows CE.  Does
> anybody know if activesync will sync to Lotus Notes?

> We currently use Outlook, but will be going to Lotus Notes.

> Thanks.

ActiveSync and Lotus Notes

Post by Talon9 » Sat, 29 Mar 2003 11:38:45

Don't waste your money on any "synch" programs... Notes is much too
sophisticated an animal to merely "synch".   Get the only product that
replicates Lotus Notes to your Pocket PC...

That would be Cadenza mNotes by CommonTime.

It's the only one out there that leverages all of the capabilities of
Notes.

www.commontime.com

Quote:>I am using a Dell Axim pocket PC, using Windows CE.  Does
>anybody know if activesync will sync to Lotus Notes?

>We currently use Outlook, but will be going to Lotus Notes.

>Thanks.

ActiveSync and Lotus Notes

Post by Sven » Sat, 29 Mar 2003 15:05:21

I must second Bobby's opinion. My company uses Notes and it is a daily
source of irritation. Fight as hard as you can, but if you lose, Cadenza
mNotes.

--
Sven
MS-MVP - Mobile Devices