Casio EM-500 mobile video player vs. Windows Media Player.

Casio EM-500 mobile video player vs. Windows Media Player.

Post by Big A » Wed, 03 Jan 2001 08:36:56

Hello all!
I got my Casio EM-500 about a week ago and love it, however I got it from eBay
and the [extra] software from Casio was not included.  I would like to get a copy
of the mobile video player software because I have heard you can convert regular
mpeg video to compressed casio video files saving tons of space.
My question(s) are where can I get a copy and is the quality of the compressed
video worth all my effort to get a copy of the software or should I just stick to
Media Player?

~Big Al

Casio EM-500 mobile video player vs. Windows Media Player.

Post by Vual » Wed, 03 Jan 2001 12:46:28

The Casio Mobile Video Player, and the Desktop file conversion software are
FAR better than any other video player availible.  I have a 6 minute long
video on my E-115 that only takes up 13 MB!  Nice compression, smooth
playback, and the desktop software will quickly convert the most common
video formats to casio's format.  The Video compression is really just Mpeg
video compression from what I hear, but the audio is also compressed (if
there is any), and the video's resolution is decreased to fit the screen
(which also significantly decreases the file-size).

I'm not sure how you could get it, you might call Casio and ask them to send
you a copy... it would even be worht paying for if Casio doesn't want to
give it to you for free.

-Vual

Hello all!
I got my Casio EM-500 about a week ago and love it, however I got it from
eBay
and the [extra] software from Casio was not included.  I would like to get a
copy
of the mobile video player software because I have heard you can convert
regular
mpeg video to compressed casio video files saving tons of space.
My question(s) are where can I get a copy and is the quality of the
compressed
video worth all my effort to get a copy of the software or should I just
stick to
Media Player?

~Big Al

1. Casio EM-500/MMC Storage Card Windows Media Player Issues

I had here the same problem with the files ripped with CDex. Upgrading to
release 1.5 solved the issue.

73

Regards

--
Posted with Ink Spot (for PocketPC) from DejaVu Software, Inc.
Usenet wherever you are - http://www.dejavusoftware.com/

2. Help with a laser printer < Laser Writer II

3. EGA on TX100 not recognized??-help please.

4. Third Party Text Printer Driver Needed

5. em-500 no video in media player

6. Forgotten passphrase

7. Casio EM-500 / media player noise

8. MIDI Player from Casio EM-500 (mips)

9. Media Player 7 and EM-500

10. casio em-500 vs casio e-125

11. Casio em 500, Casio e-125 vs. Casio eg-800