Pocket Word Spell Checker

Post by Chris Biddlecomb » Thu, 22 Aug 2002 20:08:01

I have just upgraded my iPAQ to PocketPC 2002, and I cannot find the
advertised spell checker on Pocket Word. It is described in the Help files
but does not appear on the menus.

Where is it?

Chris Biddlecombe

Pocket Word Spell Checker

Post by Marc Zimmermann [Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices » Thu, 22 Aug 2002 20:20:00

Quote:>I have just upgraded my iPAQ to PocketPC 2002, and I cannot
>find the advertised spell checker on Pocket Word. It is described
>in the Help files but does not appear on the menus.

The spell checker is not available in the upgrade version of Pocket PC
2002. It also cannot be installed into RAM like Reader, Media Player
or Messenger.

--
Marc Zimmermann
Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices

Pocket PC User Group  http://www.pocketpc-users.de
Personal Homepage  http://www.zimac.de

Pocket Word Spell Checker

Post by Aditya Pamungka » Thu, 22 Aug 2002 20:16:01

The "spell checker" is NOT available for PocketPC 2002 upgrade version.

::adit

Quote:> I have just upgraded my iPAQ to PocketPC 2002, and I cannot find the
> advertised spell checker on Pocket Word. It is described in the Help files
> but does not appear on the menus.

> Where is it?

> Chris Biddlecombe

Pocket Word Spell Checker

Post by Chris Biddlecomb » Thu, 22 Aug 2002 22:01:09

This sounds like bad advertising. Does Microsoft have any plans to put this
right in a future service pack (i.e. supply a complete version of Pocket
Word for Pocket PC 2002 upgrades)? If not, how can pressure be applied to
ask them to do so?

Quote:> >I have just upgraded my iPAQ to PocketPC 2002, and I cannot
> >find the advertised spell checker on Pocket Word. It is described
> >in the Help files but does not appear on the menus.

> The spell checker is not available in the upgrade version of Pocket PC
> 2002. It also cannot be installed into RAM like Reader, Media Player
> or Messenger.

> --
> Marc Zimmermann
> Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices

> Pocket PC User Group  http://www.pocketpc-users.de
> Personal Homepage  http://www.zimac.de

Pocket Word Spell Checker

Post by Marc Zimmermann [Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices » Thu, 22 Aug 2002 22:11:25

Quote:>This sounds like bad advertising.

It's poorly communicated, indeed.

Quote:>Does Microsoft have any plans to put this right in a future service
>pack (i.e. supply a complete version of Pocket Word for Pocket PC
>2002 upgrades)?

No.

Quote:>If not, how can pressure be applied to ask them to do so?

--

Post by Bill Schroade » Fri, 23 Aug 2002 00:10:54

> >This sounds like bad advertising.

> It's poorly communicated, indeed.

> >Does Microsoft have any plans to put this right in a future service
> >pack (i.e. supply a complete version of Pocket Word for Pocket PC
> >2002 upgrades)?

> No.

> >If not, how can pressure be applied to ask them to do so?

> --
> Marc Zimmermann
> Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices

> Pocket PC User Group  http://www.pocketpc-users.de
> Personal Homepage  http://www.zimac.de

Alternatively, Calligrapher offers a spell check that I use and it works
great IMO.  Calligrapher's a great product in and of itself.  Spell checking
with it is the icing on the cake.

Bill