Using imap4 services to access Domino-hosted mail

Using imap4 services to access Domino-hosted mail

Post by Mike Zimmerma » Wed, 04 Oct 2000 04:00:00

I am trying to access my mail store on a Domino server (running at 5.04--the
latest release) with pocket outlook on a Compaq iPaq device.  I successfully dial
in to my company's network through a modem and do get authenticated by the Domino
server, according to my mail administrator.  However, I get an error message
indicating that pocket outlook can not access the mail folder on the remote
server.  Using the same configuration parameters, I have been successful in
establishing an imap connection to the Domino server using Outlook Express,
Outlook 98, and Outlook 2000 on both NT4 and Windows 2000 desktops.  So, I assume
that the difficulties are attributable to the imap4 implementation under pocket
outlook.  Is this true?  Will this only work with Exchange 5.5 or higher?  Any
suggestions?

Thanks

Using imap4 services to access Domino-hosted mail

Post by Simon Couplan » Wed, 04 Oct 2000 04:00:00

I had a similar situation where IMAP access (in this case to Exchange) would
work OK with Outlook express, but not with Pocket Outlook.

The significant difference, as far as I could see, is that Pocket Outlook
checks the server connections in reverse order to Outlook Express. That is,
PO checks the transmit server (SMTP) connection first, before establishing a
receive connection (IMAP).  I had a bum entry in the SMTP address, and it
failed the connection. Under OE, it only checks the IMAP connection before
downloading mail - so it looked like it was working.

Soooo, check the settings you have for SMTP server on the IPAQ.

Regards

Simon

Simon Coupland
Peak District, UK

[...]

Post by Daniel Gustafsso » Wed, 11 Oct 2000 04:00:00

I've the very same problem... Any solutions yet?

Regards,
Daniel

[...]

.

1. Accessing Exchange using IMAP4

Anyone have any luck connecting Pocket Outlook to Exchange Server using IMAP4 ??

I have the following settings

Incoming server - mail.mycompanyname.com
Outgoing Server - mail.mycompanyname.com
UserID - mycompanydomain\mynetworklogon\mymailboxname
Domain - "left blank"

I know my mailbox is enabled for IMAP4 and I used the above settings in outlook
Express and can access my mail okay. When I use these settings in Pocket Inbox I
get a message saying that I can send but not receive then I try to send a mail
and it says I have not yet connected to the mailbox so I can't send.

Any help would be appreciated .. Ken

2. Filling Hard Drive

3. Using IMAP4 or POP3 to access email off Exchange 5.5

4. Need 4/370 Memory and 2nd Ethernet Board Supplier(s)

5. Sending mails using ActiveSync service

6. SCSI CD drive

7. Using PocketOutlook to access MSN Mails

8. Code Browser?

9. Activesync Mail folder is unavailable after adding another mail service

10. Can't access my other POP mail accounts using Excite.com

11. inbox, imap4, sends mail, gets stuck receiving folders

12. Trouble reading mail on an IMAP4 server

13. Deleting mail from IMAP4 server