questions about Grid control

Post by Jianzhong Zhan » Mon, 12 May 2003 11:18:47

Hello,

I used grid control to list and input the data in EVB, but I found I can't
fix rows or cols as that of VB. Doesn't this control support this function?
In VB, I can use text control to input data by embeding this control into
the specified cell of grid. Can I do the same way in EVB?

Thank you in advance!!!

Jianzhong

questions about Grid control

Post by Keld Laurse » Tue, 13 May 2003 04:49:44

Quote:> Hello,

> I used grid control to list and input the data in EVB, but I found I can't
> fix rows or cols as that of VB. Doesn't this control support this

function?

The help file indicates that it can, but I haven't found anything to support
it.

Quote:> In VB, I can use text control to input data by embeding this control into
> the specified cell of grid. Can I do the same way in EVB?

You can't embed anything into the standard grid. A company called Raize (or
some such) has a grid control that supports embedding of a wide varity of
stuff, like images and checkboxes. It probably also supports embedding text
controls.

On DeVBuzz (www.devbuzz.com) you can find examples on how to simulate an
edit control in a grid.
The method is that you use a single edit control, which you move and resize
to the specific cell position and size. (The grid has standard properties to
support this.)

/Keld Laursen

Post by Srinivas R. Lok » Sat, 17 May 2003 20:36:35

Quote:> > In VB, I can use text control to input data by embeding this control
into
> > the specified cell of grid. Can I do the same way in EVB?

You can resize and move a text box to the location of the cell as needed.
Works fairly good.

--
---------------------------
Srinivas R. Loka

> > Hello,

> > I used grid control to list and input the data in EVB, but I found I
can't
> > fix rows or cols as that of VB. Doesn't this control support this
> function?

> The help file indicates that it can, but I haven't found anything to
support
> it.

> > In VB, I can use text control to input data by embeding this control
into
> > the specified cell of grid. Can I do the same way in EVB?

> You can't embed anything into the standard grid. A company called Raize
(or
> some such) has a grid control that supports embedding of a wide varity of
> stuff, like images and checkboxes. It probably also supports embedding
text
> controls.

> On DeVBuzz (www.devbuzz.com) you can find examples on how to simulate an
> edit control in a grid.
> The method is that you use a single edit control, which you move and
resize
> to the specific cell position and size. (The grid has standard properties
> support this.)

> /Keld Laursen

1. CE grid control and Row-Selection property AND grid speed

        I have the selection style of a grid set to select an entire row. This
works fine for me except for one thing: Each time I select a row, the
previously selected row(s) will STAY selected. I just want a single row
highlighted and selected each time I click on one. Is there a property
to turn off "Multi-Select" and still have row-based selection? If not,
what's a (the?) proper method of clearing the highlighted rows?

- Tom

2. Java for QNX

3. can't load controls for ppc 2002 emulator eg grid control

4. A small favor please..

5. Editable grid control

6. Active Technologies

7. Grid control and SelChange event

8. sas 6.x link problems...

9. Grid Control for Pocket PC

10. Newbie: use grid control

11. PPC 2002 Grid Control loses RowData when sorting

12. Can't get a grid control to work

13. Grid control