Help!Windows Media Player 8 problem!!!

Post by Pedro Almeid » Sun, 23 Mar 2003 04:03:57

I have a Pocket PC 2002 Phone Edition with the Windows Media Player 8 for
Pocket. When I run Windows Media Player doesn't work anymore! I tried to
delete the folder and re-install a few times but nothing! When I run WMP
appears in the top left of the Pocket the title Windows Media Player, like
when you run the problem, but suddenly desapear and nothing! Someone have a
soluttion for this problem?

Thanks

Pedro

Help!Windows Media Player 8 problem!!!

Post by Joao Alve » Sun, 23 Mar 2003 04:36:12

It seems to me that the solution for that problem is to make a hard reset of
your PPC. You'll lose all your information on it, though. But you have
synchronized it, I hope.

Quote:> I have a Pocket PC 2002 Phone Edition with the Windows Media Player 8 for
> Pocket. When I run Windows Media Player doesn't work anymore! I tried to
> delete the folder and re-install a few times but nothing! When I run WMP
> appears in the top left of the Pocket the title Windows Media Player, like
> when you run the problem, but suddenly desapear and nothing! Someone have
> soluttion for this problem?

> Thanks

> Pedro

Help!Windows Media Player 8 problem!!!

Post by Mark Castl » Sun, 23 Mar 2003 08:43:55

A hard reset is only a temporary solution as the problem will return. The
problem appears to be a corrupt registry key. Check out this link from the
multimedia gruop:

Help!Windows Media Player 8 problem!!!

Post by Qman » Sun, 23 Mar 2003 09:40:52

Give this a try I found it on Pdaphome.com in the FAQ.
<snip>

Dead Media Player

Solution:
Use a registry editor, goto \HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shell\Keys. This is
where you have hardware button mapping. You should only have 2 keys there
(Mine is named 40C1 and 40C2).

If you have the window media issue, you should find another key there, which
was put by some other softwares installation, for e.g. Fonix voice central.
You need to delete it.

OR, this may also work....

Using File Explorer look in the Windows directory and find welcome.exe, run
it and go through all the stages - thats it.

Quote:> I have a Pocket PC 2002 Phone Edition with the Windows Media Player 8 for
> Pocket. When I run Windows Media Player doesn't work anymore! I tried to
> delete the folder and re-install a few times but nothing! When I run WMP
> appears in the top left of the Pocket the title Windows Media Player, like
> when you run the problem, but suddenly desapear and nothing! Someone have
> soluttion for this problem?

> Thanks

> Pedro

1. Windows Media Player Problems HELP!

I have an iPaq Pocket PC and recently upgraded to Pocket PC 2002 since then
I have no Windows Media Player. When I go to download it... all i get is
that this device is not supported with this version of Windows Media Player.
Please refer to http://microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia for info on
supported devices and downloads.
Am doing something wrong.  Do I need an update or something. PLEASE HELP...I
am in frustrated.
Thanks for all and any input. KAPU : )

2. UUCP lock files in Linux Kermit

3. Windows Media Encoder / Windows Media Player

4. SMD Interface!>??

5. Windows Media Goes Wireless With New Windows Media Player for Pocket PC

6. Inserting , every 20 char quickly

7. Windows Media Rights Manager SDK 7 (DRM) and Windows Media Player for Pocket PC

8. Thick paper in Canon I950

9. Windows Media Player on Pocket PC - Help?

10. Please help with Windows Media Player

11. Help needed on Windows Media Player

12. Can anyone help me install Windows Media Player on an E-125?

13. windows media player doesnt work, help me out...