Spell checker for iPAQ h1910 Pocket PC

Post by Nancy Sper » Sun, 26 Jan 2003 16:20:42

Where can I get a program or better yet, from Microsoft
to download in my new 1910 that doesn't come with a
a spell checker in WORD, please?  I really need this
program an am dissappointed that it was excluded.  Thank you.

Spell checker for iPAQ h1910 Pocket PC

Post by Dennis Co » Mon, 27 Jan 2003 01:40:26

Does the 1910 use Pocket PC 2002?  If so, it's in pocket Word & Transcriber

http://www.techtv.com/screensavers/answerstips/story/0,24330,3352139,...

Quote:> Where can I get a program or better yet, from Microsoft
> to download in my new 1910 that doesn't come with a
> a spell checker in WORD, please?  I really need this
> program an am dissappointed that it was excluded.  Thank you.

Spell checker for iPAQ h1910 Pocket PC

Post by Nancy Sper » Mon, 27 Jan 2003 02:39:03

The iPAQ h 1910 has a cut down version of Packet 2002
Word to save memory.  I don't know why HP chose to do
that.  I need a spell check program I can add to
memory or what I really would like on my wish list is
a program I can get from Microsoft so I can use their
spellchecker.  Please help someone.  I am about to put
this h1910 on E-bay.  I hate to give it up as it is
perfect in every way for my meeds especially th
beautiful and bright screen as is on the h 5450.

Post by Dennis Co » Mon, 27 Jan 2003 03:07:00

Do a search on Google for Pocket PC & spell check, there were a number of
entries for spell check programs.  Most of which you have to purchase.

The iPAQ h 1910 has a cut down version of Packet 2002
Word to save memory.  I don't know why HP chose to do
that.  I need a spell check program I can add to
memory or what I really would like on my wish list is
a program I can get from Microsoft so I can use their
spellchecker.  Please help someone.  I am about to put
this h1910 on E-bay.  I hate to give it up as it is
perfect in every way for my meeds especially th
beautiful and bright screen as is on the h 5450.

Post by Donald E. Stidwel » Mon, 27 Jan 2003 12:26:31

This probably isn't what you're looking for, but I purchased TextMaker which
is hands down the best word processor I've ever used on any PDA platform.
It's expensive for a PDA program at $49, but there's almost nothing you can
do on your desktop with Word that you can't do with TextMaker on your H1910.
It has a blazingly fast spell checker.

It was the first program I bought for my H1910 and I've not regretted it.

Don

Quote:> Where can I get a program or better yet, from Microsoft
> to download in my new 1910 that doesn't come with a
> a spell checker in WORD, please?  I really need this
> program an am dissappointed that it was excluded.  Thank you.

1. Spell Checker won't check spelling

When typing a new email message in Outlook, the spell checker will not check
the document.  When I "send" the document, then go to the "Outbox" screen
and reopen the unsent document -- only THEN I can spell check the email.

I am using Win XP Pro
MS Outlook 2002
Set as HTML
Set us use Word to check document.

Thanks for your help!!

2. Win 3.1 Swap Disk & Obliteration!

3. ANN: New Multilingual Spell checker for Pocket PCs

4. WANTED: "A Programming Approach to Computability"

5. Spell checker for Pocket PC, PWord, etc?

6. Resource editor

7. ANN: New Multilingual Spell checker for Pocket PCs

8. Memory upgrade for Kyocera FS-400

9. Spell Checker in Pocket PC

10. Pocket Word + Pocket Encarta != Spell Checker?!

11. Pocket Word Spell Checker

12. Spell Checker in Pocket Word Vanished

13. Help, I need a spell checker for pocket Word & Excel