T-mobile ROM update --> works when not using T-mobile as carrier?

T-mobile ROM update --> works when not using T-mobile as carrier?

Post by Derali » Mon, 23 Dec 2002 07:18:11

On the download page for the PPCPE ROM upgrade it mentions that you
need a fully charged battery and "A T-Mobile activated Smart/SIM Card
inserted into your Pocket PC Phone Edition".

I had my phone unlocked and use it in Canada on the Fido network. So I
have a SIM card but it is not a "T-Mobile activated" SIM.

Anyone else in this situation that has had success installing the
upgrade? I don't want to kill the device and I know that T-mobile will
not provide me any support should something go wrong...

T-mobile ROM update --> works when not using T-mobile as carrier?

Post by Stev » Mon, 23 Dec 2002 17:22:29

A similar question was asked on the Pocket PC Passion discussion
board:

http://www.pocketpcpassion.com/forum/showthread.php?s=f1a2b36d35125b8...

Make sure everything between the two rows of asterisks are on the same
line when you click (or cut-n-paste it into your browser).

--SY