Synching with Laptop

Post by pat » Sat, 24 Mar 2001 13:54:25

Okay, just ordered a Dell Inspiron 8000 laptop, and wanted to know how to
synch with it when I get it?

Thanks,  Pat

Synching with Laptop

Post by Wojo MS-MVP/C » Sat, 24 Mar 2001 15:24:51

You must first create a partnership via USB or Serial. Once this is done you
should be able to sync via IR. Don't forget to download the newest version
of AS.

--
Wojo
Microsoft MVP - Windows CE

> Okay, just ordered a Dell Inspiron 8000 laptop, and wanted to know how to
> synch with it when I get it?

> Thanks,  Pat

Synching with Laptop

Post by Monju1 » Sun, 25 Mar 2001 23:57:11

Have you already synced with a desktop? If so, the procedure is the same.
Install ASync, establish a relationship, (Decide if you want to sync to 1 or 2
Computers) and use a cable or IR to sync.

1. How can I sync through laptop that's ras'd in to my network

    Ok here is the deal, I have a win2k server running on my network.  This
server also has a modem in it.  The computer that I sync with is also on
this network but doesn't have a modem.  I've set up the ras connection on my
server and i can log into it with my laptop and surf the net through the
cable modem that's also connected to the server.  Is it possible connect my
ipaq to the laptop, ras in and sync??? Is it possible to do this with an ir
connection to the laptop while the laptop is ras'd in using the laptops
modem??

    Thanks
    That_kid

2. Creating Slides

3. Syncing after laptop sleep..

4. W3C XML Schemas vs. Microsoft XML Schemas?

5. How to sync with Intellysync on laptop and Activesync on desktop

6. non-artefacting version of Lode Runner up on Yogi's

7. sync desktop & laptop problem

8. Problems implementing coarse-grained lock in preinvoke/postinvoke

9. Sync files from Pocket PC to Word on Laptop

10. Cannot sync at all after reformatting my laptop

11. Syncing HP568 to Laptop W USA Cable

12. Syncing Palm V with Lotus Notes on a WIN2000 laptop

13. Can't sync up with laptop