Help! Microsoft Outlook won't send my outbox files once it gets them from my pocket pc

Help! Microsoft Outlook won't send my outbox files once it gets them from my pocket pc

Post by Adam Got » Fri, 14 Dec 2001 05:16:51

I went through all of the trouble of installing Outlook and I still
can't get it to send messages that are in the outbox.  Any ideas?

The messages get transferred/deleted from my pocket pc and they show
up in the outbox in Outlook but after that I can't get them to send,
even if I hit the send/receive button repeatedly.  I can get them to
automatically send if I go to the outbox and FORWARD the message to
the same person but this seems to be a redundant step.

Thanks in advance.

Help! Microsoft Outlook won't send my outbox files once it gets them from my pocket pc

Post by mindsprin » Fri, 14 Dec 2001 06:46:53

Sorry Idon't have a solution.  Just giving you sympathy since I have the
same problem.  I posted it here and though I did not get a fix, some folks
at Microsoft responded.  It is somwhat comforting to know they are at least
aware of it.

BTW Microsoft folks: what is the official channel for submitting bug
reports???

Quote:> I went through all of the trouble of installing Outlook and I still
> can't get it to send messages that are in the outbox.  Any ideas?

> The messages get transferred/deleted from my pocket pc and they show
> up in the outbox in Outlook but after that I can't get them to send,
> even if I hit the send/receive button repeatedly.  I can get them to
> automatically send if I go to the outbox and FORWARD the message to
> the same person but this seems to be a redundant step.

> Thanks in advance.

Help! Microsoft Outlook won't send my outbox files once it gets them from my pocket pc

Post by Marlof Bregonje, MS-MVP/Mobile Device » Sat, 15 Dec 2001 06:21:49

Quote:>If it is the 3800 series it is because you are on Mindspring.  Search Google

http://www.nakka.com/soft/npop/index_eng.html

--
Marlof Bregonje
Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices   www.pocketpc.com

Post by Gary J. Rhin » Sat, 15 Dec 2001 06:05:22

If it is the 3800 series it is because you are on Mindspring.  Search Google
for nPop.
--
Gary J. Rhine

> Sorry Idon't have a solution.  Just giving you sympathy since I have the
> same problem.  I posted it here and though I did not get a fix, some folks
> at Microsoft responded.  It is somwhat comforting to know they are at
least
> aware of it.

> BTW Microsoft folks: what is the official channel for submitting bug
> reports???

> > I went through all of the trouble of installing Outlook and I still
> > can't get it to send messages that are in the outbox.  Any ideas?

> > The messages get transferred/deleted from my pocket pc and they show
> > up in the outbox in Outlook but after that I can't get them to send,
> > even if I hit the send/receive button repeatedly.  I can get them to
> > automatically send if I go to the outbox and FORWARD the message to
> > the same person but this seems to be a redundant step.

> > Thanks in advance.

Help! Microsoft Outlook won't send my outbox files once it gets them from my pocket pc

Post by mindsprin » Sat, 15 Dec 2001 12:42:07

Does this on Mindspring, Earthlink, MS/Exchange, and Juno.  And it is a
3600.
I ask again.  Is there anyone out there that can send mail on 2002 via smtp?

> If it is the 3800 series it is because you are on Mindspring.  Search
Google
> for nPop.
> --
> Gary J. Rhine

> > Sorry Idon't have a solution.  Just giving you sympathy since I have the
> > same problem.  I posted it here and though I did not get a fix, some
folks
> > at Microsoft responded.  It is somwhat comforting to know they are at
> least
> > aware of it.

> > BTW Microsoft folks: what is the official channel for submitting bug
> > reports???

> > > I went through all of the trouble of installing Outlook and I still
> > > can't get it to send messages that are in the outbox.  Any ideas?

> > > The messages get transferred/deleted from my pocket pc and they show
> > > up in the outbox in Outlook but after that I can't get them to send,
> > > even if I hit the send/receive button repeatedly.  I can get them to
> > > automatically send if I go to the outbox and FORWARD the message to
> > > the same person but this seems to be a redundant step.

> > > Thanks in advance.

Help! Microsoft Outlook won't send my outbox files once it gets them from my pocket pc

Post by John Corbet » Sat, 15 Dec 2001 17:48:27

On Thu, 13 Dec 2001 22:42:07 -0500, "mindspring"

>Does this on Mindspring, Earthlink, MS/Exchange, and Juno.  And it is a
>3600.
>I ask again.  Is there anyone out there that can send mail on 2002 via smtp?

Yep, I can in the UK via BTInternet on my PPC2002 Upgraded 3660

--

Regards

John [Harold Hill, Essex, UK]

Remove nospam from the address to reply!