Viewing JPEG images on PocketPC

Post by David W.E. Robert » Fri, 12 Jul 2002 23:18:43

Hi,
I am trying to view  '.JPG' files from my JVC digital still camera on my
iPAQ 3850. The default application is Picture Perfect 5.1 but this crashes
out if I open a '.JPG' file using file explorer.
Can anyone recommend a good application to view JPEG files?
TIA
Dave R
--

Viewing JPEG images on PocketPC

Post by JCunnngh » Fri, 12 Jul 2002 23:25:50

Since I'm only viewing JPG's on my Jornada 548, I open them with Pocket IE.
Jeff Cunningham

"When I die, I want to die like my grandfather.
Peacefully, and in my sleep.
Not screaming.
Like the passengers in his car".

Viewing JPEG images on PocketPC

Post by Simo » Fri, 12 Jul 2002 23:26:55

PQView works for me.

--
Simon
Bournemouth; UK

Quote:> Hi,
> I am trying to view  '.JPG' files from my JVC digital still camera on my
> iPAQ 3850. The default application is Picture Perfect 5.1 but this crashes
> out if I open a '.JPG' file using file explorer.
> Can anyone recommend a good application to view JPEG files?
> TIA
> Dave R
> --

Viewing JPEG images on PocketPC

Post by Alejandro Santan » Fri, 12 Jul 2002 23:28:38

I use Pocket Internet Explorer to view JPEG files, just viewing without any
treatment features. You can select "Adapt to screen" (I do not really konw
if the english version of the software is that because I use spanish
software) to view the whole image at the same time. If you unselect it you
will see the picture pixel by pixel (something like a zoom on the previous
image). It is a fine and cheap way of viewing the pictures and showing them.
Regards,

Alejandro

Quote:> Hi,
> I am trying to view  '.JPG' files from my JVC digital still camera on my
> iPAQ 3850. The default application is Picture Perfect 5.1 but this crashes
> out if I open a '.JPG' file using file explorer.
> Can anyone recommend a good application to view JPEG files?
> TIA
> Dave R
> --

Viewing JPEG images on PocketPC

Post by use » Sat, 13 Jul 2002 00:02:22

I recommend to try Sunnysoft SunnyView, best tool I think, it displays
pictures of 14 MB, more info here:

http://www.sunnysoft.cz/en_novinky.php

Post by use » Sat, 13 Jul 2002 00:12:13

I recommend to try Sunnysoft SunnyView, best tool I think, it displays
pictures of 14 MB, more info here:

http://www.sunnysoft.cz/en_novinky.php

> PQView works for me.
> --
> Simon
> Bournemouth; UK

> > Hi,
> > I am trying to view  '.JPG' files from my JVC digital still camera on my
> > iPAQ 3850. The default application is Picture Perfect 5.1 but this crashes
> > out if I open a '.JPG' file using file explorer.
> > Can anyone recommend a good application to view JPEG files?
> > TIA
> > Dave R
> > --

Viewing JPEG images on PocketPC

Post by David W.E. Robert » Sat, 13 Jul 2002 00:07:12

Jeff,
I'm having a 'dumb bunny' moment.
I can't find a 'browse' option for filestore within Pocket IE.
I can't find an 'open with' option within File Explorer.
How do I use Pocket IE to open a file without using the
'file://\windows\......' longhand version in the address bar.
TIA
Dave R

Quote:> Since I'm only viewing JPG's on my Jornada 548, I open them with Pocket
IE.

Post by Sunnysoft SunnyView us » Sat, 13 Jul 2002 00:15:43

I recommend to try Sunnysoft SunnyView, best tool I think, it displays
pictures of 14 MB, more info here:

http://www.sunnysoft.cz/en_novinky.php

> Jeff,
> I'm having a 'dumb bunny' moment.
> I can't find a 'browse' option for filestore within Pocket IE.
> I can't find an 'open with' option within File Explorer.
> How do I use Pocket IE to open a file without using the
> 'file://\windows\......' longhand version in the address bar.
> TIA
> Dave R

> > Since I'm only viewing JPG's on my Jornada 548, I open them with Pocket
> IE.
> > Jeff Cunningham

> > "When I die, I want to die like my grandfather.
> > Peacefully, and in my sleep.
> > Not screaming.
> > Like the passengers in his car".

Viewing JPEG images on PocketPC

Post by David W.E. Robert » Sat, 13 Jul 2002 00:30:53

Simon,
works for me now as well.
Thanks
Dave R

> PQView works for me.

> --
> Simon
> Bournemouth; UK

> > Hi,
> > I am trying to view  '.JPG' files from my JVC digital still camera on my
> > iPAQ 3850. The default application is Picture Perfect 5.1 but this
crashes
> > out if I open a '.JPG' file using file explorer.
> > Can anyone recommend a good application to view JPEG files?
> > TIA
> > Dave R
> > --

Viewing JPEG images on PocketPC

Post by Robert Haa » Sat, 13 Jul 2002 01:41:16

Quote:

> I recommend to try Sunnysoft

Please take your Spam somewhere else.

Viewing JPEG images on PocketPC

Post by igor t'sersteven » Sat, 13 Jul 2002 03:27:00

here a link for a review of most pic amge viewers
http://www.tekguru.co.uk/PPC_Reviews/gfxapp/gfxapp_01.htm
but i strongly suggest you PQV

Quote:> Hi,
> I am trying to view  '.JPG' files from my JVC digital still camera on my
> iPAQ 3850. The default application is Picture Perfect 5.1 but this crashes
> out if I open a '.JPG' file using file explorer.
> Can anyone recommend a good application to view JPEG files?
> TIA
> Dave R
> --

Viewing JPEG images on PocketPC

Post by Thomas M. Goeth » Sat, 13 Jul 2002 05:49:51

    I just started using Iastyle from http://www.iastyle.com There are a
bunch of viewers out there, though, and most seem to offer free trials. I
picked this one as it has a send to editor feature so I can send the photo
to Photogenic for editing, captioning and saving. Of course, I haven't
managed to make this feature work yet, of course :-)

--
Thomas M. Goethe

Quote:> Hi,
> I am trying to view  '.JPG' files from my JVC digital still camera on my
> iPAQ 3850. The default application is Picture Perfect 5.1 but this crashes
> out if I open a '.JPG' file using file explorer.
> Can anyone recommend a good application to view JPEG files?
> TIA
> Dave R
> --

Viewing JPEG images on PocketPC

Post by David Gonzales [MS » Sat, 13 Jul 2002 06:28:01

Pocket Internet Explorer is the standard application for viewing .jpg files
on Pocket PC 2002. Unfortunately it doesn't have a file browse option. With
my Jornada 560, I just tap a jpeg file in File Explorer, and IE opens and
displays it.

So a question is how to restore the file type associations back to IE ... ?
There is a free program called PocketTweak that apparently lets you type in
any extension and choose the program that is associated with it. I haven't
tried it so cannot vouch for it, but it is at http://www.tillanosoft.com.

David
purposes only. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and
confers no rights.

Quote:> Jeff,