Can Windows Media and Windows Media 7.1 samples be deleted?

Can Windows Media and Windows Media 7.1 samples be deleted?

Post by 7%palmtre » Sun, 29 Jul 2001 19:16:17

I have  Windows Media and Windows Media 7.1 in My Document
folder on my main memory. They are rather annoying there.
Besides I've already got tons of MP3s in CF card to play with.
Is it safe to delete those two files?

palmtree
~~
iPAQ 3635 (ROM 177)
Nokia 8290

Can Windows Media and Windows Media 7.1 samples be deleted?

Post by Marc Zimmermann, MS-MVP/C » Sun, 29 Jul 2001 23:53:56

Quote:>I have  Windows Media and Windows Media 7.1 in My Document
>folder on my main memory. They are rather annoying there.
>Besides I've already got tons of MP3s in CF card to play with.
>Is it safe to delete those two files?

Yes. If you don't want them, get rid of them.

--
Marc Zimmermann
Microsoft MVP - Windows CE

Helpful hints, Tips and Reviews - http://www.pocketpc.com
Pocket PC Users Ruhr (German) - http://www.pocketpc-users.de
Pocket PC Users Rhein/Main (German) - http://www.pocketpc-rheinmain.de
MVP information - http://support.microsoft.com/support/mvp
WinCE info, Works FAQ, software... - http://www.zimac.de

1. Windows Media Encoder / Windows Media Player

Hi all,

I have a bit of a problem with one/both of the above programs... I'm trying
to convert some of my MP3 files from my desktop PC using Win Media Encoder
(WME) to .wma format to reduce the file size so I can fit more on my Pocket
PC. Within WME I'm using the convert file wizard, set to Pocket PC and
therefore about 70kps? The conversion seems to work and the file size is
about a third of what it was. The new file plays ok on the dektop PC. I
transfer the file using explore in AS. When I click on the file in the
PocketPC, Win Media Player comes up with the following error:

Windows Media Player cannot find the file.
You may not be connected to the network,
the file may have been moved, or you may have
entered an incorrect file name or path.

If I copy the original mp3 across in the same manner to the same directory
that plays fine.

Also, not as important as the above, but I did the same and converted a
short .avi clip. This plays on the PocketPC, but without sound. The sound
works ok when played on the desktop PC.

Any ideas?

TIA,

Paul W

2. T-Mobile GPRS problems and what is T-Zones?

3. Windows Media Goes Wireless With New Windows Media Player for Pocket PC

4. FS: Telco Systems Channel Bank Unit

5. Windows Media Rights Manager SDK 7 (DRM) and Windows Media Player for Pocket PC

6. dutch

7. Windows Media Player 7.1

8. Can I correct this bad stock chart

9. Windows media 7.1

10. Windows Media Player for Pocket PC 7.1 Problem

11. Windows Media Player 7.1 has no video

12. Windows Media Player 7.1 and HP Jornada 545

13. Playing video in Windows Media Player 7.1