T-Mobile Latest USA Upgrade

Post by Melvy » Sun, 20 Apr 2003 10:50:06

Any bad experiences using the upgrade that T-Mobile has
on its website v1.0.  I think I saw a posting couple of
weeks ago (or a month ago) saying that it was a
disaster.  But again, I think I saw that posting before I
received the SMS from T-Mobile.  The other person may
have been talking about a different upgrade.

T-Mobile Latest USA Upgrade

Post by Lorne Steine » Sun, 20 Apr 2003 12:57:10

Worked flawlessly for me. This solved all the known issues I was having with
the device.
Lorne

Quote:> Any bad experiences using the upgrade that T-Mobile has
> on its website v1.0.  I think I saw a posting couple of
> weeks ago (or a month ago) saying that it was a
> disaster.  But again, I think I saw that posting before I
> received the SMS from T-Mobile.  The other person may
> have been talking about a different upgrade.

T-Mobile Latest USA Upgrade

Post by Karl J. Treie » Wed, 23 Apr 2003 00:15:16

Me too, no more lock-ups on incoming calls.

T-Mobile Latest USA Upgrade

Post by John » Sun, 11 May 2003 22:45:07

I too have had no problems (no lock ups) after getting ROM Version 3.14.40
ENG (dated 11/26/02).
This info is in Start->Settings->System Tab->Device Information
Not sure what you mean by "v1.0".  Next time cut and paste the URL web link
if possible.

I also removed the file/T-Mobile Program:
File Explorer: My Device\Windows\StartUp\Battery Monitor
I created a new folder called "My Device\Windows\StartUpRemoved" and moved
it to that folder.
Doing this removes all the little Icons in the bottom right hand corner,
comonly called the "system tray". I never used them. Plus all of the
programs they refered to are on the Start menu anyway&/or Program Group.

I also turned off the annoying T-Mobile Today Screen thing.:
Start->Settings->Personal Tab->Today->Items Tab-> Uncheck "T-Mobile".
I got irritated that it would continue to flash "Missed Calls" even after I
had already clicked on the Message Icon at the top of the screen that tells
you when you get a voicemail or text message. You can always look at the
call log by pressing the "Call Log" button on the Phone program. Checking
the Call Log doesn't make "Missed Calls" stop flashing either. You have to
click on "Missed Calls" and when you do it takes you to the Call log again.
Too much clicking and taping just to make the phone acknowledge that you see
that you missed a call!

Turning off these two features uses up less RAM/ROM.

-John D.
Fort Worth, TX