only ARM and x86 platforms available?

Post by Mark Findla » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 02:41:52

I installed the Embedded Tools 3.0 (2002) successfully, but it only
installed TARGET support for x86 and ARM. Aren't there supposed to be many
more platforms installed?

only ARM and x86 platforms available?

Post by Alex Feinman [MVP » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 03:26:32

Not for Pocket PC targets. If you have installed HPC 2000 SDK, it'll give
you other CPUs - for that target type. Basically eVT supports only those
processors that the SDKs that you have installed do.

Quote:> I installed the Embedded Tools 3.0 (2002) successfully, but it only
> installed TARGET support for x86 and ARM. Aren't there supposed to be many
> more platforms installed?

only ARM and x86 platforms available?

Post by Yaroslav Goncharo » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 15:44:15

Hi

what platform is your target platform? Different platforms support different
CPUs. For example:
 - Pocket PC: x86, x86emu, ARM, MIPS, SH3
 - Pocket PC 2002: x86, ARM
 - Smartphone 2002: x86, ARM

--
Yaroslav Goncharov
Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices

Quote:> I installed the Embedded Tools 3.0 (2002) successfully, but it only
> installed TARGET support for x86 and ARM. Aren't there supposed to be many
> more platforms installed?

only ARM and x86 platforms available?

Post by Mark Findla » Wed, 09 Jul 2003 00:52:20

I found the problem: I had not installed the HPC SDK so those other
platforms were not available. Even though I had installed the PocketPC sdk
and the embedded tools 2002, I still needed to install the HPC SDK in order
to get the other build platforms.

Thanks all!

> Hi

> what platform is your target platform? Different platforms support
different
> CPUs. For example:
>  - Pocket PC: x86, x86emu, ARM, MIPS, SH3
>  - Pocket PC 2002: x86, ARM
>  - Smartphone 2002: x86, ARM

> --
> Yaroslav Goncharov
> Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices
> Smartphone Developer Network
> www.smartphonedn.com

> > I installed the Embedded Tools 3.0 (2002) successfully, but it only
> > installed TARGET support for x86 and ARM. Aren't there supposed to be
many
> > more platforms installed?

1. x86 system compile WCE ARM?

Hello everyone

    I am new, so please help me out.

    I have an Intel 80486 system (Intel Pentium III).
      I installed Microsoft eMbedded Visual C++,
        Microsoft? Windows? Platform SDK for Pocket PC 2002,
   Then I created an HELLO application, using Microsoft eMbedded Visual C++
template. Finally I set the build option to Win32 (WCE ARM) debug. Compile
and run the program, but I got this error:

    The Intel 80486 CPU DOES NOT support configuration Win32 (WCE ARM)!

    Would anyone know what does this mean? Does it mean I should have an ARM
system inorder to run the applicaiton.

PS:  please note that when I set the build option to WIn32 (WCE x86) debug,
I can run the application without any problem.

2. E MAIL SYSTE!!!!

3. PocketPC (WinCE 3.0) and x86 platforms ?

4. Terminal Services Thru IE5.5

5. MFCCE212.dll for x86 platform

6. Vindication of Penrose's "Non-Algorithmic" Quantum Mind

7. Any Voice Recording Component of WinCE 4.0 under x86 Platform?

8. A Running Amiga Universe (was: Re: OSX:

9. Platform Builder support for ARM Processor

10. Help with ARM SA1110 Platform

11. Is there a Strong Arm emulator available on a desktop ?

12. iPAQ 3970 platform to use with Platform Builder

13. How to create x86 binary files?