10-digit key required by embedded visual tools but no such key provided!

10-digit key required by embedded visual tools but no such key provided!

Post by jpzr » Thu, 27 Feb 2003 06:36:18



hi,

I was installing embedded visual tools on windows xp on 1 computer and
everything works fine,
but on another computer (also windows xp) it requests 10 digit key despite
the fact that such key is not provided (longer is).

PLEASE HELP!

--
Jacek Rutkowski, jpzr.
http://msmobiles.com - latest news about Microsoft powered
CELL PHONES and related articles.

 
 
 

10-digit key required by embedded visual tools but no such key provided!

Post by Robert Levy [MVP » Thu, 27 Feb 2003 06:42:40


It's listed on the download site:
http://www.microsoft.com/mobile/downloads/emvt30.asp

--
Robert Levy
Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices, Smartphone


Quote:> hi,

> I was installing embedded visual tools on windows xp on 1 computer and
> everything works fine,
> but on another computer (also windows xp) it requests 10 digit key
> despite the fact that such key is not provided (longer is).

> PLEASE HELP!


 
 
 

10-digit key required by embedded visual tools but no such key provided!

Post by jpzr » Thu, 27 Feb 2003 06:52:40




Quote:> It's listed on the download site:
> http://www.microsoft.com/mobile/downloads/emvt30.asp

no!!! the long key is listed:

"When prompted for the CDKey, please enter TRT7H-KD36T-FRH8D-6QH8P-VFJHQ"

the installer of eVT3.0 on this one computer (my new super-machine) requires
10-digit key!!!!
on my old machine the  TRT7H-KD36T-FRH8D-6QH8P-VFJHQ key was working
but on the new machine (also Windows XP) is not working.

so you are wrong: it is NOT listed at
http://www.microsoft.com/mobile/downloads/emvt30.asp !
the 10-digit key I mean!

please help!!!

(answer here, send me email or use web form at
http://msmobiles.com/contactus.php ).

--
Jacek Rutkowski, jpzr.
http://msmobiles.com - latest news about Microsoft powered
CELL PHONES and related articles.

 
 
 

10-digit key required by embedded visual tools but no such key provided!

Post by <DrMEBr.. » Thu, 27 Feb 2003 07:29:13


I am interested in this also.  I can't het the main tools installer to work,
I would like to start at eVBs install, but need the key.




> > It's listed on the download site:
> > http://www.microsoft.com/mobile/downloads/emvt30.asp

> no!!! the long key is listed:

> "When prompted for the CDKey, please enter TRT7H-KD36T-FRH8D-6QH8P-VFJHQ"

> the installer of eVT3.0 on this one computer (my new super-machine)
requires
> 10-digit key!!!!
> on my old machine the  TRT7H-KD36T-FRH8D-6QH8P-VFJHQ key was working
> but on the new machine (also Windows XP) is not working.

> so you are wrong: it is NOT listed at
> http://www.microsoft.com/mobile/downloads/emvt30.asp !
> the 10-digit key I mean!

> please help!!!

> (answer here, send me email or use web form at
> http://msmobiles.com/contactus.php ).

> --
> Jacek Rutkowski, jpzr.
> http://msmobiles.com - latest news about Microsoft powered
> CELL PHONES and related articles.

 
 
 

10-digit key required by embedded visual tools but no such key provided!

Post by Peter Foo » Thu, 27 Feb 2003 22:12:45


Robert is right, this is the CD key used both by the internet download and
the version that is installed off disk as supplied with various other
products and books.

Did you download the version from microsoft.com or get it somewhere else?

Peter




> > It's listed on the download site:
> > http://www.microsoft.com/mobile/downloads/emvt30.asp

> no!!! the long key is listed:

> "When prompted for the CDKey, please enter TRT7H-KD36T-FRH8D-6QH8P-VFJHQ"

> the installer of eVT3.0 on this one computer (my new super-machine)
requires
> 10-digit key!!!!
> on my old machine the  TRT7H-KD36T-FRH8D-6QH8P-VFJHQ key was working
> but on the new machine (also Windows XP) is not working.

> so you are wrong: it is NOT listed at
> http://www.microsoft.com/mobile/downloads/emvt30.asp !
> the 10-digit key I mean!

> please help!!!

> (answer here, send me email or use web form at
> http://msmobiles.com/contactus.php ).

> --
> Jacek Rutkowski, jpzr.
> http://msmobiles.com - latest news about Microsoft powered
> CELL PHONES and related articles.

 
 
 

10-digit key required by embedded visual tools but no such key provided!

Post by jpzr » Fri, 28 Feb 2003 01:48:27



Quote:> Robert is right, this is the CD key used both by the internet download and
> the version that is installed off disk as supplied with various other
> products and books.

no, Robert is NOT right, does it look to you like 10 digits:
TRT7H-KD36T-FRH8D-6QH8P-VFJHQ
????
the key on the URL provided by Rober is LONGER than 10 digits (see above)
and the installer asks me for 10 digit CD key and does not accept the longer
one!

Quote:

> Did you download the version from microsoft.com or get it somewhere else?

from Internet from http://www.microsoft.com/mobile/downloads/emvt30.asp
 where is:
TRT7H-KD36T-FRH8D-6QH8P-VFJHQ

WILL SOMEBODY PLEASE REALLY (!!!) HELP ME???

--
Jacek Rutkowski, jpzr.
http://msmobiles.com - latest news about Microsoft powered
CELL PHONES and related articles.

 
 
 

10-digit key required by embedded visual tools but no such key provided!

Post by Robert Levy [MVP » Fri, 28 Feb 2003 01:56:03



Quote:

> WILL SOMEBODY PLEASE REALLY (!!!) HELP ME???

You've been incredibly rude to the 2 people (Peter and I) who have *tried*
to help you... so no, I wouldn't count on anyone going out of their way for
you at this point.

--
Robert Levy
Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices, Smartphone

 
 
 

10-digit key required by embedded visual tools but no such key provided!

Post by jpzr » Fri, 28 Feb 2003 02:05:52






> > WILL SOMEBODY PLEASE REALLY (!!!) HELP ME???

> You've been incredibly rude to the 2 people (Peter and I) who have *tried*
> to help you... so no, I wouldn't count on anyone going out of their way
for
> you at this point.

look, if somebody is insisting that is answering my question despite the
fact
that HE IS NOT ANSWERING MY QUESTION, but just providing URL
that I already know and that does not contain solution, then this is what is
rude!

yes, you tried but you missed the point and it still is not working.
Sad thing is that similar problem  other people had too (I have searched in
archives)
and nobody presented a solution yet!

so, please, if you have no idea about the problem, even if you are MVP
and have a feeling that you know everything, don't try to help!!!!

* * *

Again, my problem was: on one computer embedded visual C++ 3.0 (a tool
needed
to develop software on smartphone and pocket pc) installs without
problems but on the other computer it requires 10 digit key that is not
provided with the installation.
Both computers: Windows XP.

--
Jacek Rutkowski, jpzr.
http://msmobiles.com - latest news about Microsoft powered
CELL PHONES and related articles.

 
 
 

10-digit key required by embedded visual tools but no such key provided!

Post by NEIL WHIT » Fri, 28 Feb 2003 03:50:43


Jpzr  don't be such a* ! you have already offended people and Robert has
solved me many problems for me
and I for one would rather burn in hell than help someone like you out
why don't you say thanks Robert but that doesn't work! not NO!!!!
that attitude sucks and goes against the whole point of these forums
so why don't you just spend three hours mouthing of at orange Customer
Service at least the are getting paid to listen to sad pathetic arsewipes
who make Big Bird seem Mature

Hi everyone hope your day is going better than mine!!






> > > WILL SOMEBODY PLEASE REALLY (!!!) HELP ME???

> > You've been incredibly rude to the 2 people (Peter and I) who have
*tried*
> > to help you... so no, I wouldn't count on anyone going out of their way
> for
> > you at this point.

> look, if somebody is insisting that is answering my question despite the
> fact
> that HE IS NOT ANSWERING MY QUESTION, but just providing URL
> that I already know and that does not contain solution, then this is what
is
> rude!

> yes, you tried but you missed the point and it still is not working.
> Sad thing is that similar problem  other people had too (I have searched
in
> archives)
> and nobody presented a solution yet!

> so, please, if you have no idea about the problem, even if you are MVP
> and have a feeling that you know everything, don't try to help!!!!

> * * *

> Again, my problem was: on one computer embedded visual C++ 3.0 (a tool
> needed
> to develop software on smartphone and pocket pc) installs without
> problems but on the other computer it requires 10 digit key that is not
> provided with the installation.
> Both computers: Windows XP.

> --
> Jacek Rutkowski, jpzr.
> http://www.veryComputer.com/ - latest news about Microsoft powered
> CELL PHONES and related articles.

 
 
 

10-digit key required by embedded visual tools but no such key provided!

Post by jpzr » Fri, 28 Feb 2003 03:53:12




> > > WILL SOMEBODY PLEASE REALLY (!!!) HELP ME???

> > You've been incredibly rude to the 2 people (Peter and I) who have
*tried*
> > to help you... so no, I wouldn't count on anyone going out of their way
> for
> > you at this point.

I apologize, Robert, Pete.

However: I have found the solution!!!!

--
Jacek Rutkowski, jpzr.
http://msmobiles.com - latest news about Microsoft powered
CELL PHONES and related articles.

 
 
 

10-digit key required by embedded visual tools but no such key provided!

Post by <DrMEBr.. » Fri, 28 Feb 2003 04:06:27


Please share the solution.




> > > > WILL SOMEBODY PLEASE REALLY (!!!) HELP ME???

> > > You've been incredibly rude to the 2 people (Peter and I) who have
> *tried*
> > > to help you... so no, I wouldn't count on anyone going out of their
way
> > for
> > > you at this point.

> I apologize, Robert, Pete.

> However: I have found the solution!!!!

> --
> Jacek Rutkowski, jpzr.
> http://msmobiles.com - latest news about Microsoft powered
> CELL PHONES and related articles.

 
 
 

10-digit key required by embedded visual tools but no such key provided!

Post by jpzr » Fri, 28 Feb 2003 04:09:43


you are right Neil, I should only say "thanks Robert, but that doesn't
work!".

if anybody, no matter who, would have similar problem in future: ask me
through http://www.veryComputer.com/


> Jpzr  don't be such a* ! you have already offended people and Robert
has
> solved me many problems for me
> and I for one would rather burn in hell than help someone like you out
> why don't you say thanks Robert but that doesn't work! not NO!!!!
> that attitude sucks and goes against the whole point of these forums
> so why don't you just spend three hours mouthing of at orange Customer
> Service at least the are getting paid to listen to sad pathetic arsewipes
> who make Big Bird seem Mature

> Hi everyone hope your day is going better than mine!!







> > > > WILL SOMEBODY PLEASE REALLY (!!!) HELP ME???

> > > You've been incredibly rude to the 2 people (Peter and I) who have
> *tried*
> > > to help you... so no, I wouldn't count on anyone going out of their
way
> > for
> > > you at this point.

> > look, if somebody is insisting that is answering my question despite the
> > fact
> > that HE IS NOT ANSWERING MY QUESTION, but just providing URL
> > that I already know and that does not contain solution, then this is
what
> is
> > rude!

> > yes, you tried but you missed the point and it still is not working.
> > Sad thing is that similar problem  other people had too (I have searched
> in
> > archives)
> > and nobody presented a solution yet!

> > so, please, if you have no idea about the problem, even if you are MVP
> > and have a feeling that you know everything, don't try to help!!!!

> > * * *

> > Again, my problem was: on one computer embedded visual C++ 3.0 (a tool
> > needed
> > to develop software on smartphone and pocket pc) installs without
> > problems but on the other computer it requires 10 digit key that is not
> > provided with the installation.
> > Both computers: Windows XP.

> > --
> > Jacek Rutkowski, jpzr.
> > http://www.veryComputer.com/ - latest news about Microsoft powered
> > CELL PHONES and related articles.

 
 
 

10-digit key required by embedded visual tools but no such key provided!

Post by Robert Levy [MVP » Fri, 28 Feb 2003 03:57:20


Good to hear on both counts.  How did you solve it?

--
Robert Levy
Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices, Smartphone




>>>> WILL SOMEBODY PLEASE REALLY (!!!) HELP ME???

>>> You've been incredibly rude to the 2 people (Peter and I) who have
>>> *tried* to help you... so no, I wouldn't count on anyone going out
>>> of their way for you at this point.

> I apologize, Robert, Pete.

> However: I have found the solution!!!!

 
 
 

10-digit key required by embedded visual tools but no such key provided!

Post by jpzr » Fri, 28 Feb 2003 04:15:35



Quote:> Please share the solution.

wait a sec, it will be inside of an upcoming article that I am writing for
http://msmobiles.com :
"Developing software for MS powered cell phones (MS Smartphone and Pocket PC
Phone Edition)".
that will cover eMbedded Visual tools 3.0, and .NET compact framework
developments.

regards, jpzr.

 
 
 

10-digit key required by embedded visual tools but no such key provided!

Post by jpzr » Fri, 28 Feb 2003 04:20:24


by clicking green icon "setup.exe" instead of "acmboot.exe" with blue setup
icon.

and  by the way I have disovered new version of embedded tools - such that
has smartphone and pocket pc phone SDKs included!!!

regards, jpzr.



> Good to hear on both counts.  How did you solve it?

> --
> Robert Levy
> Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices, Smartphone





> >>>> WILL SOMEBODY PLEASE REALLY (!!!) HELP ME???

> >>> You've been incredibly rude to the 2 people (Peter and I) who have
> >>> *tried* to help you... so no, I wouldn't count on anyone going out
> >>> of their way for you at this point.

> > I apologize, Robert, Pete.

> > However: I have found the solution!!!!