Developing Sales force Automation on Pocket PC / .Net Compact Frame work

Developing Sales force Automation on Pocket PC / .Net Compact Frame work

Post by Ahmed Ez » Thu, 12 Jun 2003 01:39:27

hi all,
i am developing my graduation project which is an ofline mobile sales force
automation with CRM and BI back end
i have some problems
first problem is time :( i should finish that as soon as possible
now technial problems
first i want to decide what techniq u shuld use for developing the database
for the application considring that it should be synchronized to a SQL
Server database
second i need some help in synchornization
i have though of using XML file on the handheld device and synchronize by
sending the xml file as tcp packets and reconstruct it in the PC
but i faced problem is that i can't send TCP packets through the dock
station and i can't afford to buy a network interface
now i am stuck in deciding how my database should be in the handheld and how
should i synchronize it
plz if anyone can help me fast also if any codes or resouerces are available
thanks in advace

Ahmed Ezz

1. Load Problem with program developed in .NET Compact Framework

HI,

In .NET Compact Framework I have developed a fairly simple program
that loads 8 forms during startup. The loadtime for loading these 8
forms is about two (2) minutes!!!

As I see it, it is a trade off between haveing a (very) long loadtime
and a fast running program - and a short loadtime amd a slow program
becouse I would have to load the forms each time I want to use them.

Is there any way to speed up the load time - either programmely or any
other way!?

Nicolai Busekist

2. Still Need Web Developers/Graphics Engineers

3. C#.NET Tools Needed to Develop Applications for Pocket PC 2002?

4. request programming information for HD macintosh floppy

5. Is Visual Basic .NET have tool to develop Pocket Pc 2002's application?

6. I'd like to hear about your Silkyboard experiences

7. Developing .NET software for Pocket PC 2002

8. A simple benchmark of CORBA communication

9. Minimum Pocket PC Requirements for .NET Compact Framework/SQL CE

10. Can I use webBrowser control in .NET Compact Framework for pocket PC?

11. .NET Jabber SDK for .NET Compact Framework

12. Visual Basic .NET for .NET Compact Framework what do i need

13. fyi: Compact .NET Framework + MapPoint .NET