Windows XP, Activesync 3.5, Synchronisation & Passwords

Windows XP, Activesync 3.5, Synchronisation & Passwords

Post by AndyB.. » Tue, 20 Nov 2001 21:53:35

Since migrating to Windows XP I am only able to synchronise
(Activesync 3.5) with my Cassiopeia E500 if the "Require password when
device is turned on" checkbox in "Settings > Password" is unchecked.

If the checkbox is checked, Activesync asks me for a password when I
plug the Pocket-PC into its USB cradle; but then refuses to
synchronise. If I then ask Activesync to detect devices it can't find
the Pocket-PC.

Any suggetions?

Windows XP, Activesync 3.5, Synchronisation & Passwords

Post by Chris De Herrera, MS-MVP/Mobile Device » Tue, 20 Nov 2001 23:24:27

Hi,
Are you powering on the Casio before inserting it in the cradle? If not then
it will prompt for the password since it is turning on for the first time.

--
Chris De Herrera
Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices

Quote:> Since migrating to Windows XP I am only able to synchronise
> (Activesync 3.5) with my Cassiopeia E500 if the "Require password when
> device is turned on" checkbox in "Settings > Password" is unchecked.

> If the checkbox is checked, Activesync asks me for a password when I
> plug the Pocket-PC into its USB cradle; but then refuses to
> synchronise. If I then ask Activesync to detect devices it can't find
> the Pocket-PC.

> Any suggetions?

Windows XP, Activesync 3.5, Synchronisation & Passwords

Post by Not.Provi.. » Wed, 21 Nov 2001 17:26:47

Hi Chris,

No I wasn't; Tried this last night... No luck. It doesn't seem to make
a difference if the Casio is on or off before it is inserted into the
cradle.

Thanks anyway.

On Mon, 19 Nov 2001 06:24:27 -0800, "Chris De Herrera, MS-MVP/Mobile

>Hi,
>Are you powering on the Casio before inserting it in the cradle? If not then
>it will prompt for the password since it is turning on for the first time.

>--
>Chris De Herrera
>Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices
>http://www.cewindows.net - Most Complete set of FAQs on Windows CE
>http://discuss.cewindows.net - Pocket PC and Windows CE Discussions

>> Since migrating to Windows XP I am only able to synchronise
>> (Activesync 3.5) with my Cassiopeia E500 if the "Require password when
>> device is turned on" checkbox in "Settings > Password" is unchecked.

>> If the checkbox is checked, Activesync asks me for a password when I
>> plug the Pocket-PC into its USB cradle; but then refuses to
>> synchronise. If I then ask Activesync to detect devices it can't find
>> the Pocket-PC.

>> Any suggetions?

1. IPAQ ActiveSync 3.1 & 3.5 WIndows 95 & XP

Can anyone shed any light on the problem that I am having.
I have recently got a 3630 off a friend. This seems to
have a incomplete version of 2002 on it, so I have been
trying to take it back to 2000. I run the update.exe and
this seems to work fine. It makes a backup but when the
rom upgrade is supposed to happen I get an Error 113:
Upgrade error. I have tried so many different ways, but I
am new to this and was wondering if this was common.
Also I seem to have an issue with syncing between my home
pc which has XP and my work machine on Win95. XP works
fine, however active sync 3.5 won't work on 95, so I tried
3.1 and installs fine but then the Ipaq says that it has
detected and incompatible version of active sync.....any
help with this would be greatly appreciated.

2. Dynamic update not working

3. Calendar/Task refresh failure on iPAQ 3600 series with ActiveSync 3.5 & Windows XP Pro

4. SBS 4.5 Exchange Server 5.5 settings

5. ActiveSync 3.5 & Windows XP

6. MC307 and Cubase

7. Help: iPAQ PPC 2002; ActiveSync 3.5; Windows XP; Office XP

8. Redirect form results to multiple pages?

9. Cannot Connect iPAQ with Windows XP & Active Sync 3.5 (Serial)

10. Problems with ActiveSync 3.5 on Windows XP

11. ActiveSync 3.5 and Windows xp

12. ActiveSync 3.5 and Windows XP

13. Activesync 3.5 vie ethernet to Windows XP server ?