ms reader delete problem

Post by Randy Co » Sun, 20 Jan 2002 09:11:49

On ipaq 3765 using MS reader I can not delete books from the library as
instructions suggest.  After confirming that I do want to delete the
book...a pop up tells me that it has detected that this file is being used
and must be closed before deleting.  How do I get rid of these books which I
no longer need?

Thanks for any help or even sympathy should I prove to be beyond all
possible help.

Randy R. Cox

ms reader delete problem

Post by Frank McPherson, MS-MVP/Mobile Device » Sun, 20 Jan 2002 09:18:29

Do a soft reset and then try deleting the reader books again.

--
Frank McPherson
MS-MVP Mobile Devices

Quote:> On ipaq 3765 using MS reader I can not delete books from the library as
> instructions suggest.  After confirming that I do want to delete the
> book...a pop up tells me that it has detected that this file is being used
> and must be closed before deleting.  How do I get rid of these books which
> no longer need?

> Thanks for any help or even sympathy should I prove to be beyond all
> possible help.

> Randy R. Cox

ms reader delete problem

Post by Chris Marriot » Sun, 20 Jan 2002 19:48:03

Quote:> On ipaq 3765 using MS reader I can not delete books from the library as
> instructions suggest.  After confirming that I do want to delete the
> book...a pop up tells me that it has detected that this file is being used
> and must be closed before deleting.  How do I get rid of these books which
> no longer need?

Try doing a software reset and then deleting the book. Alternatively, simply
delete the LIT file from "File Explorer".

Regards,

--
Chris
Chris Marriott, SkyMap Software, UK

Astronomy software written by astronomers, for astronomers

ms reader delete problem

Post by Randy Co » Mon, 21 Jan 2002 05:08:32

Thanks Chris,

I tried to delete from file explorer...but there a pop up told me I didn't
have permission to delete that file.  It also told me to make sure I had
enough memory .   ????  The soft reset worked great, but after I tried to
resync....my network settings on my large computer got screwed up.   Took a
while to repair that one...but now all is well...until the next problem.

Randy R. Cox

> > On ipaq 3765 using MS reader I can not delete books from the library as
> > instructions suggest.  After confirming that I do want to delete the
> > book...a pop up tells me that it has detected that this file is being
used
> > and must be closed before deleting.  How do I get rid of these books
which
> > no longer need?

> Try doing a software reset and then deleting the book. Alternatively,
simply
> delete the LIT file from "File Explorer".

> Regards,

> --
> Chris
> Chris Marriott, SkyMap Software, UK

> Astronomy software written by astronomers, for astronomers

ms reader delete problem

Post by Randy Co » Mon, 21 Jan 2002 05:09:21

Thanks Frank,

That did the trick.

Randy

> Do a soft reset and then try deleting the reader books again.

> --
> Frank McPherson
> MS-MVP Mobile Devices
> www.pocketpchow2.com

> > On ipaq 3765 using MS reader I can not delete books from the library as
> > instructions suggest.  After confirming that I do want to delete the
> > book...a pop up tells me that it has detected that this file is being
used
> > and must be closed before deleting.  How do I get rid of these books
which
> > no longer need?

> > Thanks for any help or even sympathy should I prove to be beyond all
> > possible help.

> > Randy R. Cox

1. MS Reader - deleting Guidebook and Fairy Tales

I've got a Jornada 525 running WinCE 3.0.943 (build 9616) and whatever
version of MS Reader came with it.  Does anybody know of a way to delete the
Guidebook and the Two Fairy Tales?  I know the official documentation says
they can't be deleted, but I tried any way, and failed.  I'm hoping somebody
knows how to get around that.  Thanks.

2. Print screens from DOS slow on network printer

3. Is MS Reader V.1 Upgradeable to read for you like Reader 2 does ?

4. Will LinkSys EtherFast Cable/DSL Work with BA PPPOE

5. MS Pocket Reader and "mature" reader

6. Remote Control - Win2K

7. Convert MS Reader .lit files for use with EZ Reader on iPAQ

8. Test strategy for Distributed apps

9. MS Reader and MS Passport

10. Somewhat OT: MS Reader plug-in for MS Word

11. Problem registering MS Reader

12. Problems with MS Reader in RAM under 2002

13. MS reader problems with Audible files