chinese yet again--reg key

Post by sfr » Wed, 26 Sep 2001 10:57:19

Those of you who have been on this group for a while know that I'm
obsessed about finding a comfortable way to read and write Chinese on
my US iPAQ without installing the entire Chinese OS. I apologize to
you who are disgusted by my catterwhalling. (or however you spell
that).

However, does anyone remember  what registry key I edit and how in
order to get Chinese characters to show up in Pocket Internet
Explorer? I knew I should never have purged my newsgroup messages. All
those threads are now floating in some other time dimension. And
dejanews doesn't come up with the messages I know (I swear) once
existed.

Thanks, thanks, thanks,

Sandra

chinese yet again--reg key

Post by Calvi » Wed, 26 Sep 2001 11:36:20

Sandra,

Point your browser to
http://www.microsoft.com/mobile/pocketpc/club/newsgroups/ne
wsgrp.asp

and do a search from there - can go back many a month.
The only thing I found from you before regarding the
registry was how to export it - you wanted to check the

US date)

HTH.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Those of you who have been on this group for a while know
that I'm
>obsessed about finding a comfortable way to read and
write Chinese on
>my US iPAQ without installing the entire Chinese OS. I
apologize to
>you who are disgusted by my catterwhalling. (or however
you spell
>that).

>However, does anyone remember  what registry key I edit
and how in
>order to get Chinese characters to show up in Pocket
Internet
>Explorer? I knew I should never have purged my newsgroup
messages. All
>those threads are now floating in some other time
dimension. And
>dejanews doesn't come up with the messages I know (I
swear) once
>existed.

>Thanks, thanks, thanks,

>Sandra
>.

chinese yet again--reg key

Post by IPAQ4Chines » Wed, 26 Sep 2001 22:53:48

You should try ce-start 2.0 it works fine even with PPC
2002 too.

www.ce-star.com

Quote:>-----Original Message-----