Opening ASP files on Pocket PC

Post by ian lloy » Tue, 24 Jul 2001 20:28:46

Sometimes when I am on the go, I would like to be able to edit files with a
.asp or .inc extension. However, if I try to open it, I am told there is no
associated program (I know), but if I follow advice to open from within
program, that doesn't work (I'm thinking of word here folks).

So, how do I
a) associate these files with a text editor on the Pocket PC?
or
b) force word to open these files

Someone must know - or is there an HTML editor prog for the Pocket PC that
takes care of this?

Many thanks people

Opening ASP files on Pocket PC

Post by Matt Aran » Wed, 25 Jul 2001 03:41:32

Ian,
    If you change the file extension from .asp to .txt _before_ you transfer
the file to your Pocket PC, Pocket Word will be able to open it.
    If that won't always be an option, try H-Bomb from Aoenigmasoft. It's an
HTML editor and it will open .asp files. $15 shareware.
http://www.mobilecubed.com/

Matt Arant

Quote:> Sometimes when I am on the go, I would like to be able to edit files with