ActiveSync 3.5 and Windows xp

Post by JV Franc » Tue, 11 Dec 2001 09:33:58

I bought a computer with Windows xp on it. I had to download
ActiveSync 3.5 because xp would not function with ver. 3.1. Now when I
sync ver. 305  will not sync with notes, contacts, tasks or my
calender. On the Tools/Options/Sync Setup menu on the computer those
four items are listed as "Not Installed." Am I an idiot? How do I get
around this?

Any help is welcome.

jv

ActiveSync 3.5 and Windows xp

Post by OsiTech.Ne » Tue, 11 Dec 2001 10:13:30

JV:

The 3.1 worked with my XP Pro and so did 3.5. I think you are barking up the
wrong tree. Go back to basic and start from scratch.

--
Emmanuel
Inland Empire Community

Quote:> I bought a computer with Windows xp on it. I had to download
> ActiveSync 3.5 because xp would not function with ver. 3.1. Now when I
> sync ver. 305  will not sync with notes, contacts, tasks or my
> calender. On the Tools/Options/Sync Setup menu on the computer those
> four items are listed as "Not Installed." Am I an idiot? How do I get
> around this?

> Any help is welcome.

> jv

ActiveSync 3.5 and Windows xp

Post by JV Franc » Tue, 11 Dec 2001 10:20:57

I unloaded ActiveSync 3.5 and reloaded ver 3.1. Nothing I did would
allow the computer to see the iPAQ or the iPAQ see the computer. By
the way they connect through the USB port. When I unloaded ver 3.1 and
reloaded ver 3.5 they saw each other almost instantly and established
a partnership but ver 3.5 still would not let me sync those 4 items.

On Mon, 10 Dec 2001 01:13:30 GMT, "OsiTech.Net"

>JV:

>The 3.1 worked with my XP Pro and so did 3.5. I think you are barking up the
>wrong tree. Go back to basic and start from scratch.

ActiveSync 3.5 and Windows xp

Post by Lauree » Tue, 11 Dec 2001 10:27:48

jv,

I just wanted you to know you are not crazy.  I have spent
hours just today trying to figure out the same thing.  I
got a new notebook from Compaq with XP pro loaded on it.
I installed my Office 2000 software and set up Outlook.
Then I set up the pocketPC from scratch.  I can't get
those checkboxes to show up either and I went bact to the
beginnng twice.  I sure hope someone knows the answer to
this.  I am out of ideas of what to try.

--Laureen

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>I bought a computer with Windows xp on it. I had to
download
>ActiveSync 3.5 because xp would not function with ver.
3.1. Now when I
>sync ver. 305  will not sync with notes, contacts, tasks
or my
>calender. On the Tools/Options/Sync Setup menu on the
computer those
>four items are listed as "Not Installed." Am I an idiot?
How do I get
>around this?

>Any help is welcome.

>jv
>.

ActiveSync 3.5 and Windows xp

Post by JV Franc » Tue, 11 Dec 2001 10:44:43

Well at least there are two of us. I did send Compaq tech support an
e-mail this evening about this problem and will of course post their
reply.

Quote:>jv,

>I just wanted you to know you are not crazy.  I have spent
>hours just today trying to figure out the same thing.  I
>got a new notebook from Compaq with XP pro loaded on it.
>I installed my Office 2000 software and set up Outlook.
>Then I set up the pocketPC from scratch.  I can't get
>those checkboxes to show up either and I went bact to the
>beginnng twice.  I sure hope someone knows the answer to
>this.  I am out of ideas of what to try.

>--Laureen

Post by Lauree » Tue, 11 Dec 2001 12:47:47

Yes please let me know.  It is very frustrating to have it
almost working and those stupid check boxes won't show up.

--Laureen

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Well at least there are two of us. I did send Compaq tech
support an
>e-mail this evening about this problem and will of course
post their
>reply.

>On Sun, 9 Dec 2001 17:27:48 -0800, "Laureen"

>>jv,

>>I just wanted you to know you are not crazy.  I have
spent
>>hours just today trying to figure out the same thing.  I
>>got a new notebook from Compaq with XP pro loaded on
it.
>>I installed my Office 2000 software and set up Outlook.
>>Then I set up the pocketPC from scratch.  I can't get
>>those checkboxes to show up either and I went bact to
the
>>beginnng twice.  I sure hope someone knows the answer to
>>this.  I am out of ideas of what to try.

>>--Laureen

Post by Steven Perry, MS-MVP/Mobile Device » Tue, 11 Dec 2001 13:08:38

Do you have Outlook installed on the computer?  If so, which was installed
first, Outlook or ActiveSync?  Outlook MUST come first.  If it didn't you
need to remove AS and start over.

--
Steven Perry
Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices

> Well at least there are two of us. I did send Compaq tech support an
> e-mail this evening about this problem and will of course post their
> reply.

> >jv,

> >I just wanted you to know you are not crazy.  I have spent
> >hours just today trying to figure out the same thing.  I
> >got a new notebook from Compaq with XP pro loaded on it.
> >I installed my Office 2000 software and set up Outlook.
> >Then I set up the pocketPC from scratch.  I can't get
> >those checkboxes to show up either and I went bact to the
> >beginnng twice.  I sure hope someone knows the answer to
> >this.  I am out of ideas of what to try.

> >--Laureen

Post by Parker Darrel » Tue, 11 Dec 2001 13:45:07

Also -- I have heard before in this area -- that with some units ----
Outlook must be up and running at the time of the sync.  If you are like
me -- and do not hve outlook automaticly load -- and you would do a sync --
it may not work.

Parker

Quote:> jv,

> I just wanted you to know you are not crazy.  I have spent
> hours just today trying to figure out the same thing.  I
> got a new notebook from Compaq with XP pro loaded on it.
> I installed my Office 2000 software and set up Outlook.
> Then I set up the pocketPC from scratch.  I can't get
> those checkboxes to show up either and I went bact to the
> beginnng twice.  I sure hope someone knows the answer to
> this.  I am out of ideas of what to try.

> --Laureen

Post by Lauree » Wed, 12 Dec 2001 01:34:53

Yes that's what fixed it.  I uninstalled OL and ActiveSync
then re-installed OL first then Active Sync and all is
well.

--Laureen

Post by Jason Dunn, MS-MVP/Mobile Device » Wed, 12 Dec 2001 02:38:17

It sounds like it might be a problem with Outlook then - try uninstalling AS
3.5, then Outlook, reboot, reinstall Outlook, then AS 3.5. A pain, I
know....

Jason Dunn, Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices
Pocket PC Thoughts - http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com
Daily news, views, rants and raves...

> I unloaded ActiveSync 3.5 and reloaded ver 3.1. Nothing I did would
> allow the computer to see the iPAQ or the iPAQ see the computer. By
> the way they connect through the USB port. When I unloaded ver 3.1 and
> reloaded ver 3.5 they saw each other almost instantly and established
> a partnership but ver 3.5 still would not let me sync those 4 items.

> On Mon, 10 Dec 2001 01:13:30 GMT, "OsiTech.Net"

> >JV:

> >The 3.1 worked with my XP Pro and so did 3.5. I think you are barking up
the
> >wrong tree. Go back to basic and start from scratch.

ActiveSync 3.5 and Windows xp

Post by JV Franc » Wed, 12 Dec 2001 04:29:51

I don't have OL, I have OL express and it came on the computer, and
besides I don't use it I use Eudora. So what do I do?

>Yes that's what fixed it.  I uninstalled OL and ActiveSync
>then re-installed OL first then Active Sync and all is
>well.

>--Laureen

Post by Steven Perry, MS-MVP/Mobile Device » Wed, 12 Dec 2001 05:33:55

You don't use ActiveSync.  AS only works with Outlook.  You need to look
into a third party Sync tool.  I have listed several below.  I don't know
which of the following supports your program or PPC 2002.

 Extended Systems http://www.extendedsystems.com (XTNDConnectPC)
 Puma Technologies http://www.pumatech.com (IntelliSync)
 Odyssey Inc. http://www.odysseyinc.com/site_Software/Site_Software.htm
 Laplink http://www.laplink.com (PDASync)
 Starfish Software http://www.starfish.com (TrueSync)

--
Steven Perry
Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices

> I don't have OL, I have OL express and it came on the computer, and
> besides I don't use it I use Eudora. So what do I do?

> >Yes that's what fixed it.  I uninstalled OL and ActiveSync
> >then re-installed OL first then Active Sync and all is
> >well.

> >--Laureen

Post by JV Franc » Wed, 12 Dec 2001 05:59:13

Thank you.

On Mon, 10 Dec 2001 15:33:55 -0500, "Steven Perry, MS-MVP/Mobile

>You don't use ActiveSync.  AS only works with Outlook.  You need to look
>into a third party Sync tool.  I have listed several below.  I don't know
>which of the following supports your program or PPC 2002.

> Extended Systems http://www.extendedsystems.com (XTNDConnectPC)
> Puma Technologies http://www.pumatech.com (IntelliSync)
> Odyssey Inc. http://www.odysseyinc.com/site_Software/Site_Software.htm
> Laplink http://www.laplink.com (PDASync)
> Starfish Software http://www.starfish.com (TrueSync)

1. Help: iPAQ PPC 2002; ActiveSync 3.5; Windows XP; Office XP

When I attempt to use the Windows CE Inbox Transfer from Outlook, I get the
message that says, in part:

"Unable to connect to mobile device.  This version of Windows CE Inbox
Transfer will not function correctly with this device"

However ActiveSync works fine, even the sync of mail in my inbox.  I just
cannot manage the other mail folders with out the manual utility.

Any ideas?

2. dos command to change text display size?

3. Activesync 3.5 vie ethernet to Windows XP server ?

4. calling GDI functions directly

5. Calendar/Task refresh failure on iPAQ 3600 series with ActiveSync 3.5 & Windows XP Pro

6. Immediate Job Opening for Dynamic Simulation Experts

7. Windows XP, Activesync 3.5, Synchronisation & Passwords

8. Mitsumi 4801 can read but not burn

9. Activesync 3.5 not working in windows xp

10. Can't get activesync 3.5 to sync via infrared with IBM Thinkpad running Windows XP

11. Activesync 3.5/3.1 and Windows XP

12. Windows XP and Activesync 3.5 woes

13. ActiveSync 3.5 & Windows XP