ANN: iPAQ UpGradee Protest - Read Your Comments

ANN: iPAQ UpGradee Protest - Read Your Comments

Post by Kevin Te » Thu, 17 Jan 2002 17:41:27

As expected, the protest against the stopping of the iPAQ PocketPC
2002 upgrade has drawn a large response, not only from across Europe
but also from places such as South America so it seems that
disillusionment with Compaq is widespread.

Read some of the many comments at www.pdapro.co.uk/comments.htm and
this page will be updated regularly as protests continue to come in.

PDA Pro also has exclusive news of new text/speech products from Fonix
that will make your PDA sit up and talk, plus in depth reviews of
TomTom CityMaps and TomTom RoutePlanner.

Regards
Kevin
htp://www.pdapro.co.uk

ANN: iPAQ UpGradee Protest - Read Your Comments

Post by "MS Publisher""" » Thu, 17 Jan 2002 18:37:33

Many countries have not yet received their ENGLISH upgrades from Compaq.

The reason given is that they are bug fixing it first.  Now, do we believe
that or not!!!

Hmmmmmmmmmm ---- now, hmmmm could be a Frank Spencer excuse.  If it is being
bug fixed first, I have no issue.

--

Quote:> As expected, the protest against the stopping of the iPAQ PocketPC
> 2002 upgrade has drawn a large response, not only from across Europe
> but also from places such as South America so it seems that
> disillusionment with Compaq is widespread.

> Read some of the many comments at www.pdapro.co.uk/comments.htm and
> this page will be updated regularly as protests continue to come in.

> PDA Pro also has exclusive news of new text/speech products from Fonix
> that will make your PDA sit up and talk, plus in depth reviews of
> TomTom CityMaps and TomTom RoutePlanner.

1. ANN: Log Your Protest At iPAQ Upgrade Stance

Reading comments here and other bulletin boards there is considerable anger and frustration at the
stance taken by Compaq in stopping the sale of the iPAQ PocketPC 2002 upgrade in Europe.

Those people who had been bitten by the 1.77 ROM upgrade last year and who were exercising caution
before paying for the upgrade can no longer obtain a copy.

Those people who bought 3600 series in December and January in the well-versed belief that Compaq iPAQs
were upgradable have found otherwise.

Compaq's nonsensical decision to halt sales in Europe is playing into the hands of the Warez community.

If you want to register your protest, PDA Pro is collecting emails which will gauge the strength of
feeling in this matter. Just go http://www.pdapro.co.uk and register your protest now!

Regards

Kevin
http://www.pdapro.co.uk

2. Question, maybe you can help.

3. ANN: UK Users - Please Read!!

4. Need info. on HP real time fortran

5. Losing comments on excel sync btn pc & ipaq

6. DNS to a specific port?

7. Need Comments: IPAQ + Modem Xircom + Pocket PC 2002

8. SMS Installer on ALPHA

9. Ipaq 3850 and Sandisk CF, please give your comments...

10. Combo CF & Bluetooth iPaq Expansion Sleeve Comments?

11. An interesting comment on Compaq's site regarding iPaq availability

12. TravRoute's Pocket CoPilot for iPAQ - My comments, + Q's about creating maps...