Windows CE language selection

Post by Mike Ganno » Tue, 24 Jul 2001 20:19:12

I have recently acquired a HP Jornada from a German colleague.  Only problem
is that it is the German language.

Does anyone know how to change it to English ?  Or is it a send to HP job ?

Thanks

Mike

Post by Markus Schweiger, MS-MVP/C » Tue, 24 Jul 2001 22:31:31

> I have recently acquired a HP Jornada from a German colleague.  Only problem
> is that it is the German language.

> Does anyone know how to change it to English ?  Or is it a send to HP job ?

The language cannot be changed, better you have german classes really
soon :-)

--
Markus Schweiger
Microsoft MVP - Windows CE

Replies to ng only, please - Antworten bitte nur in die NG
Pocket PC Users RheinMain (German) - http://www.pocketpc-rheinmain.de
Pocket PC Users Ruhr (German) - http://www.pocketpc-users.de
Pocket PC Website (Microsoft) - http://www.pocketpc.com
MVP information - http://support.microsoft.com/support/mvp

Post by Marco Bor » Tue, 24 Jul 2001 22:52:19

> I have recently acquired a HP Jornada from a German colleague.  Only problem
> is that it is the German language.

> Does anyone know how to change it to English ?

No, because it is not possible to change the language.

Quote:> Or is it a send to HP job ?

Why it should be HPs job?
If you don't want a German language device, why you have buyed one?

Marco

1. Language of Windows CE

This is not possible, all images are language dependent. Installing extra
languages on memory sensitive devices would make them much more expensive
and there are only very few people that would need that feature. Sharing
PDA/PPC is not really a common thing....

Chris

Hy!
Can anybody tell if, and how you can change the language of Windows CE from
eg.
German to English?
Your help is highly appreciated!
regards
Klaus

2. Problem xfering files

3. Windows CE language

4. odd FOLDER names

5. Change Windows CE language version

6. Arial 10 mouse over hyperlink

7. Language selection and Word Completion in PocketPC???

8. Ultra10 net, weirder & weirder!!!

9. language selection - japanese?

10. pocket pc/windows ce integration with windows ce

11. Is Windows CE 2.12 compatible with Windows CE 3.0?

12. Windows CE 3.0 Windows CE .NET

13. Need an upgrade for Windows CE 2000 to Windows CE 2002